Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am from India and have just been admitted into the LSE Msc in Finance and Economics. I was wondering whether anyone had done the course and whether they could guide me as to what the workload would be like. I have also received an offer from Warwick for the same programme. Which one is regarded better?

Any assistance is much appreciated! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm not familiar with that degree but have heard of up to 14 hours per day. I would choose LSE (better reputation in these two subjects, although the course itself might well be nothing better than at Warwick).

ReputationRep:
    thanks alot for your reply. i think i will go ahead with the lse course, as i also want to stay in london.
    i am definitely not looking forward to the heavy workload though!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Cyrus,

I also got an offer for the MSc Fin/Econ, and I was told by a current student it was definitely possible to work part time while completing the program.
    So I don't think working 14h per day is really necessary (hopefully !)
    Hope to see you next year

ReputationRep:
    perhaps it's 14hrs per day only during the exam period, i.e. in May and early June...

ReputationRep:
    hi guys,
    well i hope it really isnt going to be that much hard work. however, i have spoken to different people, including the course director of the corresponding course at warwick business school, and he says that i would be expected to work atleast 8 hours a day in addition to our classes and lectures.
    IM GONNA DIE!!!

ReputationRep:
    that's quite a lot of work! it's like having full-time employment

by the way, how much are undergraduates at LSE supposed to work individually?

ReputationRep:
    no idea about undergraduate courses.

ive been getting mixed replies regarding the workload at the MSc in fin and econ. some say that the work load would be around 14 hours a day, whereas others say that 4 hours will be enough.
    i dunno, i guess i ll have to see once i get there.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 3, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.