Language learner app Watch

andreastitan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I'm thinking of a new app to develop that will allow children to learn new languages effectively, while utilising technology. I was think along the lines of making it into somewhat of a fun 'puzzle' game where the user would have to re-arrange blocks to form a picture. Then have the picture flip around and have the word and english translation of it. So far is it a good idea? What do you think?
Sinfire
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by andreastitan)
So I'm thinking of a new app to develop that will allow children to learn new languages effectively, while utilising technology. I was think along the lines of making it into somewhat of a fun 'puzzle' game where the user would have to re-arrange blocks to form a picture. Then have the picture flip around and have the word and english translation of it. So far is it a good idea? What do you think?
Personally, I think that the only sensible way to learn languages (at least the vocabulary) is by using spaced repetition software. If your app is going to somehow incorporate that through puzzles, I don't see why it would be a bad idea.
andreastitan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Sinfire)
Personally, I think that the only sensible way to learn languages (at least the vocabulary) is by using spaced repetition software. If your app is going to somehow incorporate that through puzzles, I don't see why it would be a bad idea.
That's exactly what the app will do
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (148)
52.11%
No (136)
47.89%

Watched Threads