jshep000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Jshep's Journey

Hey all! I'm currently in year 12 studying for my A-levels, which consist of Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Economics. All on the Edexcel exam board

As I got average GCSE results, (see profile), I wanted to make a change so that after I won't wish I tried/revised more to get better grades. Which is why I'm aiming for 4A's this year (hopefully 85%+), so that next year I'm not left wishing I had revised more.

My school timetable, (each lesson is 50 minutes long):
Monday; Physics 4 lessons
Tuesday; Chemistry 4 lessons, Maths 2 lessons
Wednesday; Economics 4 lessons, Physics 2 lessons
Thursday; Maths 4 lessons, Chemistry 2 lessons
Friday; Economics 2 lessons.

I'll be updating when I have finished bits of revision on my own not just completeing every bit of class work, so it's not boring:cool:
jshep000
Rep:
?
Mock results;
C1 Maths - B
S1 Maths -
Chemistry -
Economics -
Physics -

Will fill in the others when I get them back this Thursday
Gingerbread101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Nice looking blog :awesome:
Best of luck with your mock results
Puddles the Monkey
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This post is to confirm that jshep000's grades have been verified!

ImageImageImage
Captain Jack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ooh, exciting. Good luck!
jshep000
Rep:
?
Going to try and get some Physics notes on unit 2, electricity done today. Also I'm going to try to teach myself sequences in C2 maths. Trying to get it done before the game tonight
Magnesium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jshep000)
Going to try and get some Physics notes on unit 2, electricity done today. Also I'm going to try to teach myself sequences in C2 maths. Trying to get it done before the game tonight
Good luck!
jshep000
Rep:
?
Managed to get some unit 2 notes for physics done, but it's too boring atm. Going to do some C2 for now

(Original post by Magnesium)
Good luck!
Thanks! Best of luck to you as well
BBeyond
Report 6 years ago
GL bro
jshep000
Rep:
?
(Original post by BBeyond)
GL bro
Cheers bro! You've done C2 haven't you? What do you think's the toughest part? Tempting to do sequences or differentiation:cool:
BBeyond
Report 6 years ago
Cheers bro! You've done C2 haven't you? What do you think's the toughest part? Tempting to do sequences or differentiation:cool:
Yeah I have, differentiation can be quite hard especially when it's a wordy question
Dylann
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Good luck bro! Saw you on the typing thread yesterday gonna go and try and beat your score now

I did Maths and Econ (Edexcel) and Chemistry (AQA) last year for AS so if you get stuck you can ask me...

edit: just got 127 on your thread (on my post on the first page!)
jshep000
Rep:
?
Yeah I have, differentiation can be quite hard especially when it's a wordy question
Wow, it didn't seem that hard (did all the videos on exam solutions.) Gunna have a crack at some past paper questions and see how I get on.
BBeyond
Report 6 years ago
Wow, it didn't seem that hard (did all the videos on exam solutions.) Gunna have a crack at some past paper questions and see how I get on.
Wait until you get to C4 integration, you'll love that
jshep000
Rep:
?
UPDATE;
Did some physics notes on unit 2, did all of differnentiation in C2 and attempted some past paper questions on it. Got 25 minutes to kill before the football game, going to make some economics unit 1 notes probably.

Wait until you get to C4 integration, you'll love that
ez pz m8. I'm sick at integration:cool: Emailed maths teachers last week about doing further maths next year for AS! Think they're talking to me about it this week, so hopefully it works out. Maths teacher asked me to go to this problem solving thing after school as well, think it's something to do with STEP:eek:
BBeyond
Report 6 years ago
ez pz m8. I'm sick at integration:cool: Emailed maths teachers last week about doing further maths next year for AS! Think they're talking to me about it this week, so hopefully it works out. Maths teacher asked me to go to this problem solving thing after school as well, think it's something to do with STEP:eek:
It gets a bit harder Sounds good man! Oooo but what sort of school does STEP sessions but not FM? You considering maths then?
jshep000
Rep:
?
It gets a bit harder Sounds good man! Oooo but what sort of school does STEP sessions but not FM? You considering maths then?
No clue:-( Hopefully I don't have to go to another school to do the further maths lessons if they let me. Yeah when I do work for maths, it doesn't feel like a chore if you get me, it's quite enjoyable You still going for maths?
karmacrunch
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
x
Good luck! :ahee::woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile
BBeyond
Report 6 years ago
No clue:-( Hopefully I don't have to go to another school to do the further maths lessons if they let me. Yeah when I do work for maths, it doesn't feel like a chore if you get me, it's quite enjoyable You still going for maths?
Oh that would suck I know the feel, the only subject I enjoy doing work for is maths Nothing better than getting a hard question right :cool:

(Original post by karmacrunch)
Good luck! :ahee::woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fancy seeing you here m8
Mr...
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Good luck:woo:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.38%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.89%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.23%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.34%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.37%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.79%

Watched Threads