Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I was just wondering about my portfolio. I've decided that I'm going to use an A2 folder (the one with clear plastic wallets) to display my work- I.e. Sticking images of my work on to white cartridge paper, but:
    1- I'm not sure how to lay it out- whether I need to print it in A3 and arrange it nicely on the A2 paper, or print it in A2 and stick it on A2 paper :/ like if I have multiple images of the same piece of work, I'd have it on the same page, but how would I lay it out?
    2- I'm not sure if I should use the printer at school which is okay quality, but it isn't the best.. Or should I get it professionally printed off so that it looks nice and presentable? the only thing is that it could be quite expensive and I don't want to spend LOADS on printing it out...
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    If you're going with the A2 folder, I would recommend printing everything out at A3 and sliding both into the plastic sleeves. They shouldn't fall out.

For printing, if you have a FedEx store or something similar nearby, they don't charge a huge amount and the quality of the printing should be good. You can also specify what type of paper you want this way, whether it be gloss or matte. It's up to you. I'd probably go for matte as the prints won't leave the sleeves and there's less shine, whilst not drowning out the colours.

For labelling, if you can print a small description at the back, usually in the bottom left or right corner, that'll be good. Alternatively, the front at the bottom beneath the image of your work. A simple font like Helvetica/Arial should be fine.

In terms of the amount, five projects should suffice, along with your sketchbooks.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    If you're going with the A2 folder, I would recommend printing everything out at A3 and sliding both into the plastic sleeves. They shouldn't fall out.

For printing, if you have a FedEx store or something similar nearby, they don't charge a huge amount and the quality of the printing should be good. You can also specify what type of paper you want this way, whether it be gloss or matte. It's up to you. I'd probably go for matte as the prints won't leave the sleeves and there's less shine, whilst not drowning out the colours.

For labelling, if you can print a small description at the back, usually in the bottom left or right corner, that'll be good. Alternatively, the front at the bottom beneath the image of your work. A simple font like Helvetica/Arial should be fine.

In terms of the amount, five projects should suffice, along with your sketchbooks.

Good luck.
    So if I want one A3 image on the A2 paper should I just stick it on in the middle? (So it's almost like a white boarder around it?
    Thank you for your help!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Laurencl)
    So if I want one A3 image on the A2 paper should I just stick it on in the middle? (So it's almost like a white boarder around it?
    Thank you for your help!
    No, I meant that if you have A2 plastic sleeves like this:

You should be able to slide two A3 printouts into the sleeve and they won't fall out. Is this not what you have?

No problem, glad to help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    No, I meant that if you have A2 plastic sleeves like this:

You should be able to slide two A3 printouts into the sleeve and they won't fall out. Is this not what you have?

No problem, glad to help.
    Yeah, I understood what you meant, but I was just asking - if i wanted one instead of two A3 printouts per page
    I think I get it now, thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.