Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls Night Out at work- double standards? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I once made plans for a boys night out- a meal in an all you can eat Brazillian Rodizio. I invited all the men at work and no women.

When the women at work heard about this they were outraged not to be invited. I then invited them all, and none of them attended.

Now the girls have organised a trip to watch Fifty Shades of Grey, but haven't invited any guys.

I don't want to watch this film, but am offended not to be invited when they insisted on an invite to the boys meal.

Who agrees?

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree with you, as a female, I can assure you that that is double standards at it's finest. Sod them!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's ****ty. I'd do what they did, let them know how it feels.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone knows girls at work are *****es.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RD208)
    Everyone knows girls at work are *****es.
    You should generalise woman for a living

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lccy)
    You should generalise woman for a living
    Well your not helping their cause

ReputationRep:
    You meekly gave in to their insistences and then they didn't bother turn up? Well done on the women you work with for trolling you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrackerJacker)
    I once made plans for a boys night out- a meal in an all you can eat Brazillian Rodizio. I invited all the men at work and no women.

When the women at work heard about this they were outraged not to be invited. I then invited them all, and none of them attended.

Now the girls have organised a trip to watch Fifty Shades of Grey, but haven't invited any guys.

I don't want to watch this film, but am offended not to be invited when they insisted on an invite to the boys meal.

Who agrees?
    Confront them and then don't show up if/when you're invited

ReputationRep:
    I think their trying to prove a point, either that or watching 50 shades would be uncomfortable with their male colleagues, it is double standards if it was a trip to the pub not 100% sure for the film only because of the type of the film. Have you insisted on an invite or you could gatecrash haha

ReputationRep:
    Liessss, you just wanted to watch Fifty Shades of Grey.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it gonna be awkward watching fifty shades with blokes??

ReputationRep:
    So if you didn't want to go why are you offended not to be invited?

They don't have to invite people that they don't want. You need to get a life if you were 'offended' by that.

Are you one of these people that gets 'offended' by everything in life?

ReputationRep:
    Surely you would feel a little bit awkward watching 50 shades of grey with a bunch of women?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BunnyMisery246)
    Surely you would feel a little bit awkward watching 50 shades of grey with a bunch of women?
    why

ReputationRep:
    Well I know for a fact if a guy was coming to watch 50 shades of grey with us we'd tease him no end, I'd say most guys would feel very embarrassed about watching a film like 50 shades of grey with a bunch of girls.

ReputationRep:
    The film's gonna be a steaming pile of ****e so you're not missing out but on principle yes I do agree it was petty of them to make a big fuss about being invited to the meal and then not bothering to show up. Workplace politics in general can be a bit of a headache.

ReputationRep:
    Well I know for a fact if a guy was coming to watch 50 shades of grey with us we'd tease him no end, I'd say most guys would feel very embarrassed about watching a film like 50 shades of grey with a bunch of girls.
    What would you tease him about?

ReputationRep:
    Watching a film that is aimed at women, i'm sure most guys would feel awkward about watching it with a group of girls, unless he's gay of course.

ReputationRep:
    Watching a film that is aimed at women, i'm sure most guys would feel awkward about watching it with a group of girls, unless he's gay of course.
    I don't see why it's aimed at women

ReputationRep:
    This sequence of events happened inside your head, didn't it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.