Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

i am the worst with girls watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i had entered uni last year. almost everyone In my class has a girlfriend and the ones who don't have are pretty popular with girls. i have never really been able to score any chicks ever and even though i try to be nice to them, i end up getting friend zoned every time. an example of this is an incident from last night in which i ended up talking to a girl for an hour but by the end of it she didn't even accept my friend request. i have tried to find out faults with myself but haven't really noticed anything wrong and even my friends say so. even during the first week of uni i remember a girl talking with me for the whole night and friend zoning me by the end of it . i am of indian origin but dress well , don't have the indian accent and definitely do not smell haha. i am also confident enough to go upto strangers and talk with them . i really liked a danish girl and asked her out for coffee but she rejected all my offers. this is usually what happens to me even though women seem to be getting along with me when i meet them for the first time. any tips on how to get women to like you?

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest abandoning the mentality where something called friend zone exists.

ReputationRep:
    So am I, I didn't give two bloody ****s about having no friends and it's allowed me to get on with my work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Costanzas)
    i had entered uni last year. almost everyone In my class has a girlfriend and the ones who don't have are pretty popular with girls. i have never really been able to score any chicks ever and even though i try to be nice to them, i end up getting friend zoned every time. an example of this is an incident from last night in which i ended up talking to a girl for an hour but by the end of it she didn't even accept my friend request. i have tried to find out faults with myself but haven't really noticed anything wrong and even my friends say so. even during the first week of uni i remember a girl talking with me for the whole night and friend zoning me by the end of it . i am of indian origin but dress well , don't have the indian accent and definitely do not smell haha. i am also confident enough to go upto strangers and talk with them . i really liked a danish girl and asked her out for coffee but she rejected all my offers. this is usually what happens to me even though women seem to be getting along with me when i meet them for the first time. any tips on how to get women to like you?
    Always a positive mate?

ReputationRep:
    Most people won't tell you the real reason on this forum... you're going to get told a bunch of chit regarding your "confidence" and "how you hold yourself".

The reality is, provided you are good looking facially and physically (i.e. you are tall and not skinny/overweight), then that will create a huge halo effect and you can basically act however you want and the girl will respond positively because she is attracted to you.

Your problem is probably your ethnicity. Girls, especially attractive white girls, would pick a white guy over an Indian guy nine times out of ten. People on here will probably dispute this and call me racist, but if they're honest with themselves, they'll admit it's true.

So, seeing as you are handicapped by your ethnicity, you need a redeeming factor; e.g. height (6'0"+), a good body, facial good looks, money, intelligence or status.

ReputationRep:
    so the main problem is my nationality? that is probably true but everyone comments on how i don't talk or behave like most indians. the indians at my school just stick together but i have a lot of white friends and almost no indian friends . on top of that i have seen morroccan / arab guys getting the hottest chicks in my class and they are neither rich nor intelligent.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.