Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

has anybody heard of matched betting before? watch

ReputationRep:
    so a friend of mine has been doing this thing called matched betting, where u bet on every outcome of a match and still make profit. i dont see how this is possible. anyway hes been doing it for just over a month now and has made over 700 quid profit.

surley if it was that easy everybody would be doing it.

anyway he sent me the link to the site hes been using, they charge 16 pounds for there gold offer which they claim u will earn back off your first bet.

what makes it more interesting is they give you 2 free offers that can make you about 45 quid profit, u dont have to sign up or anything to do this.

anyway i gave it a go i think i made a few mistakes but only made 28 profit. i dont know whether to quit while im ahead or dive in and see what its all about.

i currently only work 16 hours a week so any extra income would be great.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Its risk free...apart from human error of course. I done it one summer when I didn't have a job and made a few hundred quid. Theres no need to pay any sites either you can do it youself if you do the maths.

Get maximum free bet offers available and write down which sites you have used as you go along....it can get quite complicated. Read the terms and conditions and double check everything. Also be sure to place bets very quickly as changed in odds between the two outcomes can really eat into your profit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There was a great spreadsheet that I used to help me...just google matched betting spreadsheets and you will find one. It calculates how much you should lay at a betting exchange. ( lay is when your acting like the bookie)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.