The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lccy
There was no 'coping'<br />
I liked being in a relationship when I was in one. I have never cheated in a relationship. I didn't find it difficult at all. X<br />
<br />
<br />
<font size="1"><a href="http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app" target="_blank">Posted from TSR Mobile</a></font>
<br />
<br />
Fair enough. :smile: Not judging you at all either i'm just curious, have a lovely weekend. :smile:
Reply 81
Original post by BunnyMisery246
<br />
<br />
Fair enough. :smile: Not judging you at all either i'm just curious, have a lovely weekend. :smile:

You too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No way. I'd get too jealous having to share a guy.
God no, I'm too jealous and possessive as it is.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 84
Original post by Foo.mp3
Yes, I've had one, and almost never commit to exclusivity with partners, but then I'm a male, whose purposes this tends to suit, and who can 'get away with it' :dontknow:

:begone:

Yeah... Interesting to see how you're getting no crap for your choices yet in getting loads.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lccy
Yeah... Interesting to see how you're getting no crap for your choices yet in getting loads.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't tell me you're asking for gender equality as well as having a sex life?! :eek:

:tongue:
Reply 86
Original post by superwolf
Don't tell me you're asking for gender equality as well as having a sex life?! :eek:

:tongue:

I know yeah, hard to believe we'd want such things :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
This thread has become lively, it's cheered me up at least. :biggrin:
This thread has become lively, it's cheered me up at least. :biggrin:

Glad to be of service! :hat2:
Reply 89
OP if he's proposing this after two years, something's probably up. If you're not happy with the idea of an open relationship, then it would be doomed to fail anyway. If he insists on it, then so is the relationship.

Original post by bmjordan
If I was in this situation I would see this as the end of my relationship. Anyone that is wanting to be with you will want you and just you. I can't get my head around the open relationship thing.

Just because you can't get your head around it, doesn't mean you can speak for everyone.

Typical male response. :rolleyes:

And neither can you OP.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lccy
Or maybe it just shows that I haven't been exposed to healthy relationships, nor have I been in ones where I was treated properly and I don't wish to be in a relationship now. And I'm just going to say again that I did NOT have 'multiple boyfriends'.

I'm really sorry you keep misunderstanding the situation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So because you had a bunch of bad relationships, this means you thing it's a good idea to have multiple at once? What? Did you actually have an open relationship i.e. being romantically involved with more than one person at a time, or did you just go on a bunch of dates? :confused:
x

You still haven't answered how it makes you feel that clearly you are not enough for the person you love. That's a weird idea of love "I love you, but tonight I'm going to be intimate with someone else."
(edited 9 years ago)
I tried to write a coherent reply to the stupidity but realised I was assuming they would understand basic logic and psychology. Back to the popcorn for me.
Original post by CJKay

Just because you can't get your head around it, doesn't mean you can speak for everyone.

Sure you can. But because you disagree, that doesn't mean you don't understand it. What I understand of it is that on the outside people proclaim they are happy, but really they are doing it because they have massive trust issue and it helps alleviate this insecurity by having not just fall back girls/guys, but having multiple at once. I've yet to meet someone who is mentally well adjusted who thinks that an open relationship is a good idea. However if you want to find goths and rock kids who have a history of self harm and abusive pasts who are into it, well there are plenty to choose from...
Reply 94
Original post by geoking
So because you had a bunch of bad relationships, this means you thing it's a good idea to have multiple at once? What? Did you actually have an open relationship i.e. being romantically involved with more than one person at a time, or did you just go on a bunch of dates? :confused:

Did I say that?

And yes, I was romantically involved with all of these guys, but the word 'boyfriend' implies exclusivity, which there was not.
Original post by lccy
Did I say that?

And yes, I was romantically involved with all of these guys, but the word 'boyfriend' implies exclusivity, which there was not.

Define what you mean by "romantically involved". And you didn't say that, but that's what you did :wink:
Original post by geoking
You still haven't answered how it makes you feel that clearly you are not enough for the person you love. That's a weird idea of love "I love you, but tonight I'm going to be intimate with someone else."

I have a more open view of what love is, what can I say? Somehow I've managed not to solely equate sex with love, and can in fact enjoy one with or without the other. I don't like to say I'm better than other people (say you for instance) but... I don't mind strongly implying it. :biggrin:

Oh you did have a look through my post history? How delightfully creepy of you. No doubt you took note of my general bad character, what with the disgraceful working hard for my degree, abhorrent volunteering with the NHS, and absolutely vile intentions of studying occupational therapy with a view to helping out those suffering from mental ill health. Or did you dismiss me because I happen to be different to you and your itty bitty view of what's 'normal'?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 97
Original post by geoking
Define what you mean by "romantically involved". And you didn't say that, but that's what you did :wink:

I liked them not just physically but also emotionally/I had feelings for them/we would do romantic things together.... I even got to a point with one of them where I considered a relationship (but didn't because we wanted different things).
Original post by lccy
I liked them not just physically but also emotionally/I had feelings for them/we would do romantic things together.... I even got to a point with one of them where I considered a relationship (but didn't because we wanted different things).

It sounds like you were just friends with a bunch of guys....If you didn't kiss etc, then yeah, you just had a bunch of male friends :facepalm:
I have a more open view of what love is, what can I say? Somehow I've managed not to solely equate sex with love, and can in fact enjoy one with or without the other. I don't like to say I'm better than other people (say you for instance) but... I don't mind strongly implying it. :biggrin:

Oh you did have a look through my post history? How delightfully creepy of you. No doubt you took note of my general bad character, what with the disgraceful working hard for my degree, abhorrent volunteering with the NHS, and absolutely vile intentions of studying occupational therapy with a view to helping out those suffering from mental ill health. Or did you dismiss me because I happen to be different to you and your itty bitty view of what's 'normal'?

You haven't answered the ****ing question:
How does it make you feel that you are not enough for the man you love?

I actually didn't look through your post history (nice deflection attempt however after making the suggestion :facepalm: ) but mental instability and open relationships go hand in hand. I dismiss what you are saying because you haven't thought for a second about the root causes of what you are doing. Is it because you're a "free spirit" or because of something in your past? I'm not a betting man, but I'd put a huge sum of money on the latter :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending