Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was wondering if there's any businesses related to game designing, authoring or psychology that offer work experience for students in Year 10. I've already applied to a few places that don't offer them, and I'm running out of time, which means I could end up somewhere that doesn't help me OR interest me. My family literally don't know anyone in any of these fields...

If anyone knows of a company that does offer work experience, could they let me know (even if it's just by PM) please? Any help from anyone is greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    I really do hate to double post, but does anyone have any ideas? I've spent hours looking for places that offer work experience, and none of them are in fields I want to go into. Words honestly can't describe how stressed I am.

ReputationRep:
    You will struggle to get work experience at such a young age. The best way you might find work experience is through contacts, as they say it's not what you know, it's who you know! If I were you, I'd wait a while until you're a bit older to find some work experience, it will be a lot easier (because of legal reasons) and you'll be likely to get better experience. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmjordan)
    You will struggle to get work experience at such a young age. The best way you might find work experience is through contacts, as they say it's not what you know, it's who you know! If I were you, I'd wait a while until you're a bit older to find some work experience, it will be a lot easier (because of legal reasons) and you'll be likely to get better experience. Good luck
    Yeah, I need to meet more people. Contacts are always good to have, and I've been trying to meet new people for a while. But still, if we don't get a placement we get one picked for us... The last thing I want is to end up doing something for two weeks that doesn't further one of the things I want to do.

If we don't get one picked we get study sessions in school, and I couldn't think of anything more boring.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.