Any realistic chance of getting into Glasgow school of art or Edinburgh university?

Watch this thread
PRCstudent3
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am getting ready to submit my graphic design portfolio to Edinburgh university and Glasgow school of art but unsure how I will stand out from potentially hundreds of applicants. Any sketchbook/folio examples would be greatly appreciated.
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by PRCstudent3)
I am getting ready to submit my graphic design portfolio to Edinburgh university and Glasgow school of art but unsure how I will stand out from potentially hundreds of applicants. Any sketchbook/folio examples would be greatly appreciated.
Both universities used to have examples of what they were looking for on their websites. Have they taken them down? As for what they want, I suspect the two places look for different things. My son got ECA but not GSA. I think it's a question of where you 'fit'.
PRCstudent3
Rep:
What do you mean by "fit".. Like if your personal statement suits the uni more? Does he study graphic design?
PRCstudent3
Rep:
And yes Edinburgh have taken down examples
Carnationlilyrose
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
What do you mean by "fit".. Like if your personal statement suits the uni more? Does he study graphic design?
No, I mean if your style of work suits the kind of thing they like or the kind of student they usually go for. No, he did painting.
Carnationlilyrose
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
And yes Edinburgh have taken down examples
Have they? That's a shame.
Fellowcanadian
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Same here I feel like my portfolio is lacking variety and all that I have is ****e
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (54)
69.23%
In the post (3)
3.85%
Text (10)
12.82%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (11)
14.1%

Watched Threads