Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

iPhone 6, yes or no? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi there guys, I'm looking at buying an iPhone 6, but it's such a lot of money I'm struggling to commit. Any pros and cons to the phone I should know about before making the decision to go back to Apple from my Android?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmjordan)
    Hi there guys, I'm looking at buying an iPhone 6, but it's such a lot of money I'm struggling to commit. Any pros and cons to the phone I should know about before making the decision to go back to Apple from my Android?
    Thanks!
    Try to get the OnePlusOne, I heard its a better phone and is like half the price but I think you will have to order from China because they are not sold in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!
    It's never worth buying a better phone if it screws the rest of your finances. The relatively marginal differences between any given Android device or an iPhone 4S and 6 aren't worth any sort of hardship.

The 6 is a great phone, nice size/feel, with great apps etc. I doubt you'd regret buying one if you can afford it. But depending on your circumstances, maybe it's not worth £200 more than a 5C or one of a huge number of ~£2-300 Android/Windows Phone devices.

ReputationRep:
    If you are on contract then by all mean. There's nothing special about them, except being extremely over priced. If you are on payg then get something like a Moto x, one of the cheapest and best phone in 2014.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pros: It'll make a great coffee mat.
    Cons: It's an overpriced electronic piece of tat you don't need. You can pick up a mobile from a supermarket for next to nothing and spend that money on something a little more worthwhile.

Seriously, why on earth would you want the latest phone?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!
    What sort of phone are you using at the moment?

I'd say if you don't have the money for a 6, don't break the bank for it, get a used older model instead - the 5 and 5s are still good supported phones.

ReputationRep:
    Don't get it. It will definitely bend no matter what you do. You can put a case on it and take care of it as much as you like but it will bend no matter what. Especially if you put in your pocket.
    :hmpf::hmpf::hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jameswhughes)
    What sort of phone are you using at the moment?

I'd say if you don't have the money for a 6, don't break the bank for it, get a used older model instead - the 5 and 5s are still good supported phones.
    Hi there, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S3 and it is definitely on it's last legs, having been through the wars a bit, so a new phone is definitely on the card. I used to have an iPhone 4 and really did love the iPhone in general. I have the money for a six, or even a six plus, but I did rule that out as it is a bit too big, so it's not the money that's the issue too much, it's just whether an iPhone is the best thing to go for. I was debating going for a 5S but worry it will start to slow, as my 4 did over time, come the next year or so, as I am planning on keeping the new phone for a good couple of years or more. When the 6S comes out this September, will the updates for the 5S becomes less frequent, and the phone becomes as slow as the 4 now is.
    Should buying a phone be so confusing?!
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S3 and it is definitely on it's last legs, having been through the wars a bit, so a new phone is definitely on the card. I used to have an iPhone 4 and really did love the iPhone in general. I have the money for a six, or even a six plus, but I did rule that out as it is a bit too big, so it's not the money that's the issue too much, it's just whether an iPhone is the best thing to go for. I was debating going for a 5S but worry it will start to slow, as my 4 did over time, come the next year or so, as I am planning on keeping the new phone for a good couple of years or more. When the 6S comes out this September, will the updates for the 5S becomes less frequent, and the phone becomes as slow as the 4 now is.
    Should buying a phone be so confusing?!
    Thank you
    Every iPhone since the 3GS has received 4 versions of iOS released annually, so from that the 5s is likely to be supported until 2017. In that sense it still has plenty of time to go as a good phone. If you can get the 6 instead, then go for it - it will last a year longer and has better specifications - up to you whether you think this is worth the premium.

ReputationRep:
    I was debating going for a 5S but worry it will start to slow, as my 4 did over time, come the next year or so, as I am planning on keeping the new phone for a good couple of years or more. When the 6S comes out this September, will the updates for the 5S becomes less frequent, and the phone
    becomes as slow as the 4 now is.
    The smartphone market has matured a lot in the past few years. They seem to have reached a point where the newer phones don't offer any huge improvements on older models in your experience of using them.
    The 4 is definitely slow now, but the 5 feels like it will have some legs for a few years yet.

ReputationRep:
    Iphone 6 is a very nice device but it isn't the best. If size isn't an issue the Note 4, 6 Plus (if you want an Iphone), Nexus 6 are all better. The LG G3 and Xperia Z3 (normal and compact version) are better than 6 in my opinion. 6 is a lot of money for what it is and if mony is an issue I would suggest maybe looking at one plus one or slightly older devices such as the S5 or M8.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.