Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I stupid for not wanting a relationship after my previous one? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I know i was only young when i had my first boyfriend, i was 15. He abused me for many reason, physically and mentally. Now I'm 18 and find it hard to talk to any boys because I'm too scared if i fall for someone and might get abused again. Or am i just being silly? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    It must be tough for you, however just because something happened before, doesn't mean it will happen again. Do you want a relationship? If you are happy being single, that is fine, however if you would like a relationship, you need to put yourself out there.

ReputationRep:
    It's not silly at all! Mental and/or physical abuse are a big deal, it's completely normal to feel subversive to going back into a relationship. Do you have someone to talk to? Professional or just an understanding friend? Sharing your concerns can really help and you get someone else's perspective. You never need to feel like you should have to do something though, if you don't feel ready to date someone that's fine Also, if you do find someone, it would probably be best to open with them from the start, that way they know and can respect any boundaries

ReputationRep:
    Sounds perfectly understandable. Don't rush into anything, take your time to figure out want you want. If you find a great guy, it will be worth the wait.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.