Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Irish ship sinking off Scotland: like a scene from Titanic movie watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, here's an interesting video, from the latest news. Sinking Irish trawler gets great help from Coastguard off Scotland coast on Jan 20, 2015. Such a great job by rescuers!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCfcFpgntp

This vid reminds me of a famous scene from Titanic movie...

ReputationRep:
    Brave men, both the rescuers and the trawlermen that risk their lives every day for their families.
    That was about as close as it gets.:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uklight)
    Hi, here's an interesting video, from the latest news. Sinking Irish trawler gets great help from Coastguard off Scotland coast on Jan 20, 2015. Such a great job by rescuers!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCfcFpgntp

Would that be the scene where the fishing trawler sinks after its crew are airlifted to safety?

Always a very sad sight I feel watching a boat/ship sink.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uklight)
    So it does

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    Would that be the scene where the fishing trawler sinks after its crew are airlifted to safety?

Always a very sad sight I feel watching a boat/ship sink.
    I ****ing loved that scene in the film when the fishing trawler came to help but was torpedoed by the German U-boat and it sunk, and then the British air Sea Rescue helicopters came in to rescue them. Meanwhile Jack and Kate Winslet made out whilst a few hundred people freezed to death waiting for the director to yell "cut." Made me tear up.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.