Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

What is the cheapest way to use mobile phone abroad to make and receive calls and text from usa and europe. ?

ReputationRep:
    switch to three....international calls and texts on UK rates

ReputationRep:
    skype/whatsapp/facetime if you have wifi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RagaZ)
    switch to three....international calls and texts on UK rates
    Hi,

do you have to take out a contract with them? I just want to take a pay as you go with me if possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scriberg)
    skype/whatsapp/facetime if you have wifi

Hi that won't work with me as it is to keep in touch with family who are not familar with that and can only use simple mobile phones. Any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kutie Karen)
    Hi,

do you have to take out a contract with them? I just want to take a pay as you go with me if possible.
    http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Phon...in_fah_stc1762

this should explain a bit more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RagaZ)

Thanks for your help. I will look at it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RagaZ)

Does anyone know about some kind of card that you can buy abroad which is meant to be cheap as well?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know about some kind of card that you can buy abroad which is meant to be cheap as well?
    There are roaming sims for some countries, you'd need to look for one specifically for the required country. If you're going somewhere covered by Three Feel at Home then that will be the easiest.

Also, use wifi when possible and an app like Viber out, then you can call phones for a few pence a minute which is much cheaper than a normal call.

Hi,

What is the cheapest way to use mobile phone abroad to make and receive calls and text from usa and europe. ?
    Either be on Three or use a local sim on an unlocked phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jameswhughes)
    There are roaming sims for some countries, you'd need to look for one specifically for the required country. If you're going somewhere covered by Three Feel at Home then that will be the easiest.

Also, use wifi when possible and an app like Viber out, then you can call phones for a few pence a minute which is much cheaper than a normal call.
    thanks that is really great

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.