Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Scarred for ever ? watch

Announcements

I got out of something very abusive 3 years ago and I've never got rid of that feeling where I'm not worth anything , I'm always putting myself down. I don't think I'm truly over it . It was very mentally toxic, from bieng cheated on because I was a virgin and wasn't ready to bieng left for someone else , to hurtful comments and bieng physically harmed . After treatment with anti depressants and psychologists. I thought I was getting some where but lately it's all coming back and I'm wondering if you thought that I need to be with someone else with a while before I'm over it ? I've seen one guy after but if only lasted a short while ... I'm going to that really dark place and I've resorted to online dating . Any ideas how I can kick this feeling ?

ReputationRep:
    spend time with friends. good friends, not fake ones. talk to the ones you trust. maybe try with another guy? even if it isnt permenant...

ReputationRep:
    “It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.” Rose Kennedy
    The pain has lessened as you said however it is coming back to you now, knowing what this emotion myself but not in the same way I can feel. What I had done was to subdue every time I had any thoughts that would lead to what I am attempting to bring under control, this has taken 11 years for me and now my I do not feel any emotion except controlled anger when I think of it.
    I do not recommend this and there could have been a quicker way of healing and I would do your own homework on how other people came through.

Sometimes it gets to the point where I want to not be here anymore ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I got out of something very abusive 3 years ago and I've never got rid of that feeling where I'm not worth anything , I'm always putting myself down. I don't think I'm truly over it . It was very mentally toxic, from bieng cheated on because I was a virgin and wasn't ready to bieng left for someone else , to hurtful comments and bieng physically harmed . After treatment with anti depressants and psychologists. I thought I was getting some where but lately it's all coming back and I'm wondering if you thought that I need to be with someone else with a while before I'm over it ? I've seen one guy after but if only lasted a short while ... I'm going to that really dark place and I've resorted to online dating . Any ideas how I can kick this feeling ?
    As I view it you, yourself, is putting yourself down by consciously or subconsciously telling yourself that you are not worthy of anything especially what you are worthy of. To kick this feeling is to inform yourself that you are deserving of whatever that is, by persistently saying that you would have it drilled into your mind that it would be from faking it to being real.
    You need to get over this before you bring someone else into, it is evident that you need to get over it as you saw guy and that did not last long and do tell the reason as why it did lasted a short while.
    You need to change yourself for what you want to become and what is it that you want to become, as already you are beginning to tailor to your current "really dark place" by resorting to online dating services.

ReputationRep:
    Do not let what happened to you in the past to define yourself and what your future upholds. Take it to the basic level of between 20 million to 1.2 billion sperms you was the fastest swimmer. By default you are here for a purpose that is for you to embark upon.

ReputationRep:
    Don't give up hope. It's hard but you CAN get over it if you find someone who truly cares about you. You are a champion for getting through this for the past 3 years *bows*. I can almost guarantee that you would feel much better if you found someone else. Please take care, you are an amazing person and it's not worth taking your life for something you can get over.

(Original post by Schrode)
    Don't give up hope. It's hard but you CAN get over it if you find someone who truly cares about you. You are a champion for getting through this for the past 3 years *bows*. I can almost guarantee that you would feel much better if you found someone else. Please take care, you are an amazing person and it's not worth taking your life for something you can get over.
    Thank you. Everyone tells me I'm pretty and amazing , I was so down that when I got my offer for the university of oxford I was so over whelmed by grief that I wasn't happy. I didn't even go to my undergrad graduation at oxford cause I was so scared I'll bump into him. I'm trying hard to meet someone else but I feel like no one likes me. I don't have many mates either so I'm mostly stuck at home ...

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. Everyone tells me I'm pretty and amazing , I was so down that when I got my offer for the university of oxford I was so over whelmed by grief that I wasn't happy. I didn't even go to my undergrad graduation at oxford cause I was so scared I'll bump into him. I'm trying hard to meet someone else but I feel like no one likes me. I don't have many mates either so I'm mostly stuck at home ...
    It's really about timing and the right person will come when you least expect it. Be strong! You will see that waiting and taking care of yourself will be worth it. Through depression you attract depression to the world around you. Even if you feel down, smile and move forward.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.