Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A tale of an attempt to understand Stats ;) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am currently studying A-level French, Maths and RS, and am aiming for the crazy goal of A*A*A*! Whilst I absolutely love Core Maths, I am struggling to get my head round Statistics, so I am crazily preparing for the exam this summer I will write updates on different attempts I have made to improve my understanding and how I am progressing in this module - please join in if you wish!

ReputationRep:
    I have found the AS revision guide very helpful when decoding the meaning behind Probability - I was struggling on my Binomial Distribution homework, but have managed to complete it thanks to my revision guide! (Phew!)

My examboard is AQA by the way
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by danniegee)
    I am currently studying A-level French, Maths and RS, and am aiming for the crazy goal of A*A*A*! Whilst I absolutely love Core Maths, I am struggling to get my head round Statistics, so I am crazily preparing for the exam this summer I will write updates on different attempts I have made to improve my understanding and how I am progressing in this module - please join in if you wish!
    Both S1 and S2, or just S1?

Good luck!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I did AQA Stats last year, not even my teacher understood or knew how to teach it

Im resitting my AS maths this year and only getting an AS.

Just pop me a PM if youre stuck! I know how you feel
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Good luck with your blog and aims! Let us know if there's anything we can help you with :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Both S1 and S2, or just S1?

Good luck!
    Just S1 (thank goodness!).

Thank-you!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks very much for your offers of advice heavyhandscott and Gingerbread101!

ReputationRep:
    I'm redoing statistics after an E at AS (currently on a gap year) .My teacher was rather sheet.I never understood what he was talking about.He confused living hell out of me
    I really need to start self teaching bit honestly don't know where/ how to start HELP!
    Permutations and combinations are the absolute worst .I remember in the exam I left the question blank because I didn't know what to do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    God, I hate stats. I do Edexcel Maths and Further Maths. Last year, I did modules C1, C2, M1, S1, D1, FP1. S1 was the only one of those modules in which I didn't get an A. I now do C3, C4, M2, M3, S2, FP2; S2 is by far the most difficult, and frankly, the most boring. Yet my teacher is pressuring me to ensure that my S2 skill is bound to get me an A*. Currently, I just don't see it happening.

ReputationRep:
    One answer.... examsolutions....

legit.. its the best website for maths ever!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bustamove)

MadasMaths tho...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    stats was unbelievably easy. i learned it in about 4 days and got 75 ums in it. you do most of the stats on that fat calculator

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OnlyGot1Offer)
    stats was unbelievably easy. i learned it in about 4 days and got 75 ums in it. you do most of the stats on that fat calculator
    You are kidding me right :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGemini)
    You are kidding me right :/
    it's all about that calculator man. if i didn't have it, i would have got a U in that exam. the calculator cost 48£ but its worth it

ReputationRep:
    it's all about that calculator man. if i didn't have it, i would have got a U in that exam. the calculator cost 48£ but its worth it
    Are you talking about a graphical calculator, you could just have a casio calculator which is just £10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruitbasket786)
    Are you talking about a graphical calculator, you could just have a casio calculator which is just £10
    graphical

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bustamove)

www.mathsnetalevel.com

ReputationRep:
    graphical
    I see, would you need a graphical calculator for s1? I know you would need one in C1 and maybe C2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruitbasket786)
    I see, would you need a graphical calculator for s1? I know you would need one in C1 and maybe C2
    i only used the graphical for stats. used my scientific for c1 and c2

ReputationRep:
    Stats is really annoying .Im supposed to start going over it and I just cannot :'(

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.