Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I have a mock speaking exam next week and I'm hoping that someone who has experience with AQA French at A2 can help me out. One of the cultural topics I will be talking about the work of a film director (Truffaut, more specifically), however I'm having trouble thinking of what sort of questions are going to be asked. Can anybody tell me the sorts of questions they were asked in their exam? I'm currently brainstorming ideas for the techniques he used, the characters in his films, and his influences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Claros)
    Hello

I have a mock speaking exam next week and I'm hoping that someone who has experience with AQA French at A2 can help me out. One of the cultural topics I will be talking about the work of a film director (Truffaut, more specifically), however I'm having trouble thinking of what sort of questions are going to be asked. Can anybody tell me the sorts of questions they were asked in their exam? I'm currently brainstorming ideas for the techniques he used, the characters in his films, and his influences.
    Sounds like you're on the right path. At A2 you will probably be asked to compare main characters from different films, or to discuss recurrent themes. In Truffaut's case, you might also be asked to what extent his films have autobiographical elements.

At a more sophisticated level, you could be asked about how the techniques Truffaut used mirror the narrative.

You could also be asked why Truffaut has become such an important film director - i.e. in what ways was he truly original, and what did he do then that has now become common?

Hope this helps focus some of your ideas. Bon courage!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna Schoon)
    Sounds like you're on the right path. At A2 you will probably be asked to compare main characters from different films, or to discuss recurrent themes. In Truffaut's case, you might also be asked to what extent his films have autobiographical elements.

At a more sophisticated level, you could be asked about how the techniques Truffaut used mirror the narrative.

You could also be asked why Truffaut has become such an important film director - i.e. in what ways was he truly original, and what did he do then that has now become common?

Hope this helps focus some of your ideas. Bon courage!
    Thank you very much, this is very helpful to me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.