Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

Long story short, I tried nowhere near my best at GCSE, and throughout secondary school for that matter. Though once I received my GCSE results I was immediately disappointed. Learning from this, I knew to make the most of every opportunity at sixth form (and beyond), and I continue with this attitude to this day.

AS Levels: AABC (Business, Sociology, English Language and History)
    I will be retaking both AS History exams (in one I got a
    C and the other a B, resulting in an overall C grade) and I shall also retake the AS English Language exam, of which I got a C (with an A in coursework, resulting in an overall B grade)

A2 Mock Results:
    Sociology-A
    History-A
    English-B (based on coursework rather than an exam mock)
    EPQ- B

I feel that with the retaking of various AS exams, along with enthusiasm to do well in the A2 exams, I have the opportunity to gain my desired results. (AAA, A*AB or possibly even A*AA?!)

IT'S HARD WORK BUT HOPEFULLY IT'LL BE WORTH IT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xjaye)
    Hello!

Long story short, I tried nowhere near my best at GCSE, and throughout secondary school for that matter. Though once I received my GCSE results I was immediately disappointed. Learning from this, I knew to make the most of every opportunity at sixth form (and beyond), and I continue with this attitude to this day.

AS Levels: AABC (Business, Sociology, English Language and History)
    I will be retaking both AS History exams (in one I got a C and the other a B, resulting in an overall C grade) and I shall also retake the AS English Language exam, of which I got a C (with an A in coursework, resulting in an overall B grade)

A2 Mock Results:
    Sociology-A
    History-A
    English-B (based on coursework rather than an exam mock)
    EPQ- B

I feel that with the retaking of various AS exams, along with enthusiasm to do well in the A2 exams, I have the opportunity to gain my desired results. (AAA, A*AB or possibly even A*AA?!)

IT'S HARD WORK BUT HOPEFULLY IT'LL BE WORTH IT
    Congratulations Jaye, keep up the hard work!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Good luck with everything, let me know if you need anything Blog looks great so far

ReputationRep:
    How are you so good at History??? I just did my AS mock... did two exams, got a D and U. I just dont understand how you can memorise the names, dates, events and know how to answer the question well

Advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by possum_box)
    How are you so good at History??? I just did my AS mock... did two exams, got a D and U. I just dont understand how you can memorise the names, dates, events and know how to answer the question well

Advice?
    I wouldn't worry about mocks too much because last year for AS my History teacher marked so harsh and it demotivated me a bit but I actually ended up doing considerably better in the actual exams. Though I still didn't do as well as I wanted to so I'm retaking both AS exams this year. My tip would be to not revise too much, sound silly but I learnt EVERYTHING, and my essays turned into narration rather than evaluation etc! It's best just to learn the key points and practise essay plans I would say what History are you doing?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    This post is to confirm that xjaye's grades have been verified!

Submit reply
Updated: February 3, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.