Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Free book in exchange for an honest review watch

Announcements
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Not sure if this is allowed or not (mods?) so if it's not, just feel free to delete it.

Basically I could do with some more Amazon reviews for my book. Plenty of people buy it, and read it, but very few review it. You have no idea how much a review means to an indie author! I have 10 so far, and to my delight people do seem to love the book, but in the grand scheme of things that isn't very many reviews.

So in a nutshell I'm looking for reviewers.

What do you get out of it? Well it's pretty simple, a free copy of my ebook worth RRP £2.99. (I do have it available in paperback but I'm not giving that out for reviews, it would cost me a fortune!)

What do I get out of it? A review of course

Who am I looking for? Well preferably my target audience is :

a) People who would normally pick up and read a werewolf book. (There's no point in people who are not interested in this genre reading the book, because you'd naturally be biased against it from the get-go, and that's sort of pointless).

b) Preferably people aged 16+
    The is some profanity in the book, nudity, milder sexual references, violence and gore. This is a werewolf book after all. They're hardly cute and cuddly.

c) People who actually will leave a review.

Q : Are you only wanting positive reviews?

A: No, I'm wanting honest reviews. Obviously positive ones are fantastic if they're honest, and they would give me the warm fuzzy feelings I crave in life, but I'm really just interested in honesty.

What I do ask though, is that if, for whatever reason, you leave a negative review, that you justify it within your review. (e.g. don't just leave a 1 star and say "it was crap". Actually make a valid point as to why you disliked it. Negative feedback is only useful to an author if you're offering constructive criticism, because that way I can take your feedback on board and try to improve in my future novels.)

This is the book in question :

Wolf Born

feel free to have a read through the first three chapters if you're interested (link is on that page) and if you like what you've read, and fancy reading the rest of the book for free in exchange for an honest review, give me a shout.

Thanks in advance

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.