Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there student roomers!

I've never blogged before meaning I'm no expert blogger but I am, like most of you (I'm guessing) wanting to achieve so much this year and get into my top choice of University!

I don't want to ramble on and on so I'll get to it. I am in my second year of A-Levels studying:
    • English Literature (love it)
    • History (50/50)
    • Biology (loathe it)

I am currently in the process of attending uni interviews for Primary Education and have so far received 2 offers! Basically, I need at least 280 UCAS points :/

Sounds reasonable for all you smarty pants and brilliant scientists and mathematicians etc. out there right?

For me that is a challenge. Last year was a bad(ish) year (academically anyway) and I ended up getting two E's. I will be resitting these along with my A2 levels and whilst I'm trying to stay positive, its scaring me.

So maybe this grow your grades idea will help? Give me some motivation perhaps? I don't want to blog each time with no improvements to speak about and no personal achievements to mention.

So what do I do?

I'm going to attempt to try this blogging 'craze' and try to keep it up, even if no one is reading it because I'm hoping it will maybe de-stress me at the same time as motivate me.

If your reading this be prepared for highs and lows, successes and failures good days and bad days because this is an account of someone who wants to get into uni and study something she is really passionate about. Whilst doing this I also want to savour every last moment with friends and family and show them how much I am going to miss them when I move away for uni.

I've finished blabbing now! I do realise I've rambled on a bit aha but good luck to everyone out there and GOODNIGHT!

Elle

ReputationRep:
    Good luck- you can do it!
    What History are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    ah thanks I'm doing edexcel - the challenge to fascism unit. I guessing you do history as well???
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Great start :awesome: Keep us updated and let us know if there's anything you want some help with
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome!! Why do you hate biology?? it's my favourite!!

Maybe start yoga while you study, too? So relaxing. I had my first yoga class the other day and I was left feeling so zen afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    Welcome!! Why do you hate biology?? it's my favourite!!

Maybe start yoga while you study, too? So relaxing. I had my first yoga class the other day and I was left feeling so zen afterwards.
    Hi! It just doesn't seem to stick in my brain aha And even the things I do know, I struggle to apply my knowledge to the exam questions! Have you got any good revision tips?

Yoga sounds like an option as well thanks!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ElleM1407)
    Hi! It just doesn't seem to stick in my brain aha And even the things I do know, I struggle to apply my knowledge to the exam questions! Have you got any good revision tips?

Yoga sounds like an option as well thanks!
    Exercise in general is great for clearing your mind and de-stressing :yep: I find going for a run/jog works well too
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    This post is to confirm that ElleM1407's grades have been verified!

:banana: :banana2: :banana:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hey, thought I'd catch up with you and see how things are going! :woo: How is your half-term so far? How are you feeling about your subjects?

(Original post by AmyGeorge98)
    x

I just thought I'd quote you in as you are both history students!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.