Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Basically, A Levels have been a whirlwind for me.

At AS, i originally picked maths chemistry biology and history. dropped history after a few days and took BTEC PE.

Then dropped chemistry. Finished AS with a C in biology and E in maths. Bad year for me.

Started A2, Biology, maths resit BTEC PE and Health and Social care.

Better year but has still had turbulent times. Want to do Biology at A level. I regret not resitting my first year, it has dragged me down a lot.

I am a very good student and got 6 A grades at GCSE (History maths core science addtional science btec pe and french) but get called lazy in health and social because the teacher doesnt help me and ive never done it before adn get told im not working hard enough in biology even though i do all work set.

I guess im just going though one of those phases right now. Im sick of a levels and being pushed into uni by my crap school. Give me a job i like doing with OK money and i dont want no other fuss.

Wow, that sounds depressing!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Well, although it may sound like a lot of work, I hope that you can keep up with it all, and keep us updated on how things are progressing, and remember the Study Help team are here if you need any assistance with anything!

Best of luck!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Well, although it may sound like a lot of work, I hope that you can keep up with it all, and keep us updated on how things are progressing, and remember the Study Help team are here if you need any assistance with anything!

Best of luck!
    Funnily enough I am a study helper lol. I have progress tracker stickers on my biology and maths books so will post a pic of them when Im home
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by heavyhandscott)
    Funnily enough I am a study helper lol. I have progress tracker stickers on my biology and maths books so will post a pic of them when Im home
    Awesome!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Best of luck with everything, keep us all updated on how your plans go! :awesome:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    :ninja:
    Just quoting you guys in to each other because you're all doing a BTEC :banana2:
    This is heavyhandscott's blog!
    (Original post by Jessushi)
    x
    (Original post by Amyfawcus)
    x

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck! I'm sure you'll do fine at the end of it, I usually feel like this! All I do is take a break and think of what I'm going to achieve at the end of it (for example University for me). That's what keeps me going through my AS Levels! Good luck! Keep us updated
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Amyfawcus)
    Best of luck! I'm sure you'll do fine at the end of it, I usually feel like this! All I do is take a break and think of what I'm going to achieve at the end of it (for example University for me). That's what keeps me going through my AS Levels! Good luck! Keep us updated
    Thanks, Im going to update everyone now actually because my first post isnt very good
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Subjects:

Biology A2
    Maths AS (C1, C2, S1)
    BTEC Sub. Diploma in Sport (Dist)
    OCR Cambridge Tech Cert. in Health and Social Care (Merit)
    Sports Leaders level 3

I am currently on a grade D according to my Biology teachers, Im so interested in what were doing but dont know why its so low!

Maths Im around a solid C, compared to last years E

H&SC Has been very bad, ive been offered no help and worked so slowly Im doing 3 units not 6. If i get a Pass i get only 20 UCAS Points. I did all the work for Unit1, everything teacher gave me to reword (thats basically all i got).

I MYSELF had to ask the teacher if she would mark my work so she took it away, baring in mind since xmas she is now on maternity leave. I got my unit back and had no feedback on the front cover. I was given it back, the teacher sighed in disgust and said it was "thin" and I was told my work was 1/8 of the rest of the class.

Half of the work wasnt given to me so how is it my fault. Plus half the work everyone is doing is totally irrelevant and not on the spec.

The new teacher has gave me lots of help and support and im working through unit 1, so all looks good with a a better teacher Unit 5 is lots of biology (anatomy and physiology) so will do that in no time and unit 3 my 3rd unit ive done a bit of work for that.

In maths one teacher i attend all lessons (C1 and S1) and the other none since they clash. I have to self teach half of C1 and all of C2, which is the hardest module. I am now only 2.5 units behind and im working hard to catch up using my teachers notes printed out for the working out and examples etc so i can teach myself.

All is well, Biology and Math Pre-public (mock) exams after half term so next update will be then Ill post pics of my progress trackers.

C1 is Core 1, C2 is Core 2 and S1 is Statistics
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Maths mock - 25th Feb (1pm) - aiming for at least a C

Biology mock - 24th Feb (1pm) aiming for at least a C, brownie points for a B
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Aim by the end of half term: have most practise questions complete from my revision guide (this is my revision)

Do all set homework, papers etc
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Aim by the end of half term: have most practise questions complete from my revision guide (this is my revision)

Do all set homework, papers etc

Just realised I never actually posted to verify you
    :lolwut:

This post is to confirm that heavyhandscott's grades have been verified! :banana::banana2::banana:

ReputationRep:
    Goodluck for the mocks and I also got mocks next weeks...
    Yeah Alevels is really a nightmare but it will end this summer!~
    I also started with low target grades in AS like a D in bio but Im improving now
    Youre not alone!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)

Just realised I never actually posted to verify you
    :lolwut:

This post is to confirm that heavyhandscott's grades have been verified! :banana::banana2::banana:
    its ok puddles, youve been busy

(Original post by Makashima)
    Goodluck for the mocks and I also got mocks next weeks...
    Yeah Alevels is really a nightmare but it will end this summer!~
    I also started with low target grades in AS like a D in bio but Im improving now
    Youre not alone!
    Yeah i havent stared revision yet though :s been too busy. Doesnt help that my phone is broke, im trying to fix it :s
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Ive done all the work I wanted to do for biology (revision guide questions) as my revision for my mock exam at 1pm today.

However I didnt do any Health and Social Care or Math work
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I got a C in my maths mock meeting my target
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    My Biology mock came back an E. Grade boundaries were extremely high.

Nobody expected that, it was because of gaps in my knowledge. I attempted every question and finished in time.

Parents evening last week I was told be every teacher i need to put more hours in except Health and Social.

Funny how H&SC has been the worst problem for me this year having a bad teacher and dropping from 6 units to 3 because i work 'slowly' AKA I was given work to copy and no feedback or help.

That teacher left at Xmas for maternity, and the new teacher is much better and supportive and marks my work too

Im plowing ahead in H&SC. Biology is enjoyable as ever, Maths is fun and BTEC Sport is a bit boring, but at least im beginning to hit Distinction I want a D* !
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Puddles... Do I get my free month of TRS subscription ?

Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    x

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.