Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I worked at river island for a bit over christmas as an X-mas temp. I've now left, but have only received about half of what I should have been paid - it's now nearly a month since my last day. I was paid about half of what i was owed. After speaking to permanent staff, it seems that contacting the shop itself is useless for stuff like this - who do i contact about this? The account I have for the website they use to pay us closes in the first week of Feb so i would like to sort this quickly.

Thanks
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by bd17)
    Have you actually stood in the shop and asked? The Manager is much more likely to focus and prioritise the issue if you are standing on the shop floor asking. An email doesn't make it their problem. You don't have to cause a scene, but someone standing in front of them is their problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bd17)
    Hi,

I worked at river island for a bit over christmas as an X-mas temp. I've now left, but have only received about half of what I should have been paid - it's now nearly a month since my last day. I was paid about half of what i was owed. After speaking to permanent staff, it seems that contacting the shop itself is useless for stuff like this - who do i contact about this? The account I have for the website they use to pay us closes in the first week of Feb so i would like to sort this quickly.

Thanks
    Go in and speak to them about it.
    Go in several times if necessary.
    If that doesnt sort it then contact the CAB.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.