Turn on thread page Beta

I've been with my boyfriend for a few years, both early 20s. We were on a website and a picture of Adriana Lima came up. My boyfriend said that she was unbelievably beautiful and absolutely perfect (he has said this before about her in the past too.

I realised that he has never described me in such a way before. He has said i'm pretty, cute, hot etc. but he has never said or acted as if I am some kind of absolute goddess.

I asked him jokingly if she was better-looking than me ( I know she is of course) and he said, don't be silly, there's not even a comparison.

Does it matter if he doesn't find me absolutely beautiful? I know of course he finds me attractive as he's with me, but he also makes a lot of jokes about my bad teeth, big nose etc.

Is it important for your partner to descrbe you like that? Would you be upset if he/she made out that others were better looking?

Just another point,he has also said similar stuff about Bryce Dallas Howard,

ReputationRep:
    It's the same reason all ya beaches love Channing Tatum or the Hunger game boys. Biology and fantasy.

ReputationRep:
    And don't worry Beyonce wont drop Jay-z for him under any circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    No, not even in the slightest, if your partner found someone else attractive that's normal, it's part of human nature to feel attracted to attractive people.

Just because he finds another female attractive, that shoudn't make a difference, as long as he loves you that's all that matters.:top:

ReputationRep:
    He's with you, and has been for a few years- That's enough to tell me that he wants you more than anyone else tbh. You're looking into it a little too deep, and we all know you don't think he's the BEST looking guy you've ever seen anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    He makes fun of you about having a big nose/bad teeth...? Wtf.

You need to tell him that thats rude, sorry but he sounds horrible

ReputationRep:
    Beautiful is more about timeless mature elegance than sex appeal. So while a very attractive young person might be described as beautiful it is more common to use other words like, pretty, hot. Don't worry.

Thanks for the replies Yeah it was just because he has never told me I am absolutely beautiful or perfect-looking or such like, but that's how he describes these women. He also said his former female friend had a 'supermodel face' but never said that to me, lol.
    But yeah i'm probably over-thinking it

RE the teasing, he just says he teases me because he loves me, but, I dunno, lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2015
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.