The Student Room Group

just ate raw fish!

just devoured 4 birds eye fish fingers that were a little under cooked. whats gonna happen to me?

Scroll to see replies

I normally eat fish raw anyway, but that's only for smoked salmon. Raw fish in general doesn't kill you. Japanese people eat raw fish a lot and their whole population has not died out yet.
Reply 2
Smoked salmon has been cooked - it was smoked :wink:
shuvle
just devoured 4 birds eye fish fingers that were a little under cooked. whats gonna happen to me?

are you kidding? You could eat those things raw!
Fish fingers are not ready to eat food.
Reply 5
Raw fish aint that bad.

If you know any bangladeshis ask them for a sample of shutki(dried fish).

Its supposed to be really really tasty, esp if you like indian currys. but i cant stand it. to me it looks and smells like its been left in the bin for a few weeks
Reply 6
Omega3Addict
Fish fingers are not ready to eat food.

Wikipedia suggest otherwise:
A conveyor sends the blanks through batter and breadcrumbs, doubling the thickness of the fishstick. Then each is passed through a hot vegetable oil bath for about one minute to seal the coating and allow the fishstick to be grilled or fried. Then the fishstick is frozen again, with the center reaching -4°F/-20°C in less than 20 minutes. After packaging, it is stored at -18°F/-28°C, ready for distribution.

So in answer to your question, it's not going to do you much harm as it was pre-cooked before you got your hands on it. All you do is heat them up again.
Reply 7
Timeslikethese
are you kidding? You could eat those things raw!

You'd eat a birds-eye fish finger raw?? :eek:

Firstly they are put in a freezer so you'd either be eating a defrosted one or you'd have a tough job trying to break into a frozen one!! :p:

And eating defrosted food isn't the healthiest option around :biggrin:

Back to your dilemma, an undercooked fish finger shouldnt be doing you any harm :wink:
Wikipedia is not a reliable source. Besides "Fishsticks are popular with children and their parents as an easy-to-prepare finger food that is somewhat healthy for kids, as fish contains" suggest that fish fingers are not ready to eat. Easy to prepare but not prepared.
Reply 9
Omega3Addict
Wikipedia is not a reliable source. Besides "Fishsticks are popular with children and their parents as an easy-to-prepare finger food that is somewhat healthy for kids, as fish contains" suggest that fish fingers are not ready to eat. Easy to prepare but not prepared.

Wikipedia is as about reliable as you are going to get on this kind of thing short of phoning up the companies.

Of course fish fingers are not ready to eat - they need to be heated up and unfrozen so they're actually pleasant to eat.

Look. Eating a slightly cooked fish finger is a complete non-issue as seriously nothing short of a tummy upset (at the max) is going to happen.
Well done sir, your nobel prize will be in the post by Saturday.
You should have thought about what would happen before being too greedy to wait for them to cook :rolleyes:

You need some common sense dude!
Reply 12
shuvle
You are going to die.
sushi's raw fish,i'm not dead.you'll be fine,worst that can happen is that you'll get the runs.
Reply 14
Fish fingers don't contain fish you num nut.
Reply 15
Segat1
Fish fingers don't contain fish you num nut.

I don't know what type of fish fingers you have (and i mean in food:p: ) but i think birdseye are pure cod, i buy fish fingers all the time instead of just a big cod fish because they work out cheaper per 100g:smile:
Reply 16
planes12
I don't know what type of fish fingers you have (and i mean in food:p: ) but i think birdseye are pure cod, i buy fish fingers all the time instead of just a big cod fish because they work out cheaper per 100g:smile:
They're made of fingers. Didn't you know?
Segat1
They're made of fingers. Didn't you know?

is that why theyre so tasty
Reply 18
theres even this specialty dish made out of raw fish meat... i tell you, they taste amazing
Reply 19
January Victim
sushi's raw fish,i'm not dead.you'll be fine,worst that can happen is that you'll get the runs.

Sushi is very fresh raw fish though. Fish fingers are slightly more dubious older fish.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending