Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Greetings Mesdames and Messieurs! And welcome! Welcome indeed!

This blog is a huble attempt to systemize my studies, and to stimulation the motivation to succeed in general! At the moment, I am on a gap year, already having achieved AAC in History, Economics, and Mathematics A-levels respectively. This summer, I'm re-taking the Mathematics A2, as well as fully self-studying the whole Philosophy A-level.

The goal is to secure As in both Philosophy and Mathematics. And then to proceed to study Philosophy at University. Probably in London. Hopefully at UCL. If not, then I already hold an offer for KCL.

So, what will this blog be about? I will try to write every day with regards to my progress! Also, I will share revision tips! The success stories! And the ones of failure as well! And much more! I might even post my philosophy essays here!

Sounds interesting? I have no doubt that it does! Enjoy!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Sounds like you have a strong plan :yep: Good luck! What areas of philo are you reading into?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    Sounds like you have a strong plan :yep: Good luck! What areas of philo are you reading into?
    Cheers!

UNIT1
    Reason & experience
    The Idea of God

UNIT2
    The value of art
    Free will & determinism

UNIT3
    Philosophy of mind
    Philosophy of religion

UNIT4
    Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow, I'm going to read the whole unit "Anomalous Monism" while making flashcards! After that, I will make flashcards off my notes "We value art because it informs us".

Apart from that, I am also going to create a more-or-less specific plan of actions for the next 2 months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benq)
    Tomorrow, I'm going to read the whole unit "Anomalous Monism" while making flashcards! After that, I will make flashcards off my notes "We value art because it informs us".

Apart from that, I am also going to create a more-or-less specific plan of actions for the next 2 months.
    DONE!

Ok, so instead of making a 2 month plan, I decided to make a two week one so as to adjust it according to the progress later on. And that's only for philosophy - going to figure out everything regarding maths during the upcoming week.

The plan is to finish "The philosophy of mind" unit which I started today, as well as to simultaneously make flashcards about all the key themes. I am also going to make flashcards on "The value of art" & "Reason and experience" units - both of which I already went through beforehand. All that due to the 8th of February. This means that every day I will have to do 1 handout on "The philosophy of mind" unit, as well as putting about the same hours into transformation of my current notes on "The value of art" & "Reason and experience" into flashcards.

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow I am doing "Substance Dualism" as well as ~1.5 hours of "Reason and experience" flashcards production.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Sounds like you have a great plan When you've made your timetable give us a brief overview of it and then you can let us know how you stick to it :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benq)
    Tomorrow I am doing "Substance Dualism" as well as ~1.5 hours of "Reason and experience" flashcards production.
    DONE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    Sounds like you have a great plan When you've made your timetable give us a brief overview of it and then you can let us know how you stick to it :yep:
    Cheers! I am thinking of having a free timetable and just trying to complete the tasks I set for the day whenever I feel like it. That worked for the past two days, and I think I will continue like that until something changes. What would you say?

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow I am doing "The problem of other minds" as well as ~1.5 hours of "The value of art" flashcards production.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.