The Student Room Group

What piece will get me a good mark in gsce?

Hi ! I am a piano player around grade 5-6. Im looking for specifically a JAZZ/ BLUES piece but it can be any that sounds beautiful (eg classical)

i really need some ideas because i really want to get an A *! :smile: any performance pieces that you have done in the past and scored particularly well in?
Reply 1
Hi!

I'm an A-Level Musician, with an a* at GCSE. Are you referencing to the performance part?? If so, I would keep it to something REALLY simple, even if it's miles within your capabilities. If a grade 8 level candidate perfects a Grade 4-5 piece, they WILL get the highest mark. For OCR GCSE, which is the board I took, they asked that the piece was at least grade 4 standard, so something grade 4-5 standard (even if you really are 6-8 quality) will ensure you get the highest mark possible.

Just to make you aware, the examiners are not interested in the level of the piece, it's all about how it's played. Finally keep it simple - if you find classical music easier and more simplistic to play, play it!!

Good luck, contact me for any advice! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending