Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Who's suffering the brain Cox Effect? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Who's suffered it?

got me watching quantum mechanic documentaries now man.

man.
    srs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is that a pun?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awkwardshortguy)
    Is that a pun?
    take it as that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)
    Who's suffered it?

man.
    srs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i have the option to be taught the theories of physics by him as part of a university course next term. Not sure if I should go for it though

ReputationRep:
    take it as that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do not experience the Brian Cox effect. I have seen him on the tele and he talks about interesting things but I don't think he himself has changed me. I watched something with Brian Cox, the lady I have the hots for from Coast, and Brian Blessed talking about people who make physics accessible (the Brian Cox effect I believe you are reffering to). They showed a clip of Carl Sagan, a man who previously I had only heard of, and I found him to make astrophysics more accessible than Brian Cox makes physics accessible. Perhaps that's just because I liked his voice. In fact that's probably why.

ReputationRep:
    I don't trust him tbh. So many complexities in physics I question his judgement too much to accurately convey it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWaffle)
    i have the option to be taught the theories of physics by him as part of a university course next term. Not sure if I should go for it though
    take it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Who's suffered it?

man.
    srs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

The documentaries are fun, until you learn the maths and the abstract concepts lol.

ReputationRep:
    i don't like him. stop trying to make physics cool. he's no better than richard hammond in my eyes.

ReputationRep:
    I liked the quantum mechanics and thermodynamics stuff

ReputationRep:

Hawt.

ReputationRep:
    No; although the '**** head' effect has arguably been a mainstay of TSR for several years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    No; although the '**** head' effect has arguable been a mainstay of TSR for several years.
    He's cute and smart,best of both worlds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groot)

Hawt.
    Agreed

ReputationRep:
    I love him, because we have the same last name.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by og.east)
    i don't like him. stop trying to make physics cool. he's no better than richard hammond in my eyes.
    He's not trying to make physics cool - he's trying to make people realise that physics is cool. There's a big difference. Brian Cox is a big factor in why university physics applications have gone up quite a lot in the last few years. I heard that in the department I studied physics at the number of applicants tripled in less than five years.

Personally my interest in physics came before Brian Cox was so well known. I was influenced by the 'other' Brian, though - Brian Greene

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jequestrian)
    I love him, because we have the same last name.
    Your last name is 'PhD'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Your last name is 'PhD'?
    haha I wish, no Cox

ReputationRep:
    He's no Carl Sagan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    He's not trying to make physics cool - he's trying to make people realise that physics is cool. There's a big difference. Brian Cox is a big factor in why university physics applications have gone up quite a lot in the last few years. I heard that in the department I studied physics at the number of applicants tripled in less than five years.

Personally my interest in physics came before Brian Cox was so well known. I was influenced by the 'other' Brian, though - Brian Greene
    brian cox is to physics as derren brown is to psychology

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.