Sese_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,
I know it sounds bad but I've never really revised for a test; the odd night-before glance, sure, but not any hard-core revision weeks prior to the exam.
So what I'm asking is how exactly do you revise effectively? I need some tips please! I'm doing my GCSE's this year, and I want good grades but sitting down and reading through notes is not my thing.
Thanks in advance, and good luck in your own exams
eantonina
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm exactly like you. And to be honest, I'm still trying to figure it out! I used the night before cram method for my GCSEs and AS's (not recommended) because I work best under pressure and have an incredible memory for crammed information for a few days but a rubbish memory for long term information. At the moment I'm making revision resources, so when it comes to revision time (I'm trying to start to revise two months in advance of my A2's) I can use the information and make it into something interesting like a story or acronym or something to make it interesting and memorable.
Think of something you enjoy, if you like to draw then maybe drawing a picture and associating parts of the picture with information would work. There are many ways of revising, and many types of learner. Figure out what type of learner you are (visual, kinetic etc) and find ways you could revise. It's trial and error!
I'm sorry this isn't a very coherent message! I just jammed my thoughts down

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sese_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by eantonina)
I'm exactly like you. And to be honest, I'm still trying to figure it out! I used the night before cram method for my GCSEs and AS's (not recommended) because I work best under pressure and have an incredible memory for crammed information for a few days but a rubbish memory for long term information. At the moment I'm making revision resources, so when it comes to revision time (I'm trying to start to revise two months in advance of my A2's) I can use the information and make it into something interesting like a story or acronym or something to make it interesting and memorable.
Think of something you enjoy, if you like to draw then maybe drawing a picture and associating parts of the picture with information would work. There are many ways of revising, and many types of learner. Figure out what type of learner you are (visual, kinetic etc) and find ways you could revise. It's trial and error!
I'm sorry this isn't a very coherent message! I just jammed my thoughts down

Posted from TSR Mobile
No it's great thank you! Good luck with your A2's!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (84)
14.46%
I'm not sure (26)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (182)
31.33%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.07%
I'm not a current university student (277)
47.68%

Watched Threads