1) We dated for 4 months, got to know each other over the course of a year
2) We're teens (under 18)
3) His reason for dumping me was that he just wasn't ready for a relationship, but he said that we could still be friends
4) He seemed VERY INTO ME until one week prior to the break up, when he was a little less physically affectionate and didn't see me quite as often (but that could be because of parental intervention--see 9).
5) Up until MINUTES before the break up he texted me ALL throughout the day (as he always did after we started dating) asking about my opinions, interests, what I was up to, giving me updates about his life, saying good night, etc.
6) I was recovering from surgery... so maybe he just texted all the time because he felt bad for me? We discussed many other things beyond how I was recovering though
7) He bought me flowers about a week before the break up due to my injury
8) He always kept up with doing me little favors/being a gentleman
9) One of his parents (who he is VERY close to/who he allows to control nearly his ENTIRE life) made it clear they did not like him dating. They wouldn't allow us to be completely alone together.
10) He is very passive (conflict avoider) and aims to please his parents first and foremost
11) I was his first gf. As far as I know he hasn't dated in the months since.
12) I said I couldn't be friends for a while because I didn't trust him. He sent the last text saying he was sorry, and neither one of us has initiated contact since.
13) After, he didn't help me with my injury, but acted like a polite stranger up until last month. Now, he acts like I don't exist.
14) I've actively avoided him, making sure he was uninvited from a gathering of mutual friends.
15) When people ask his best friend what happened, he says it just "kind of faded"/"ran its course"
16) Due to mutual religious beliefs, it was never sexual
x Turn on thread page Beta
Did he got bored of me? Were parents involved? watch
View Poll Results: Why did he break up with me?Got bored with me25.00%Not ready for a relationship16.67%Parent made him end it58.33%Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll
- Thread Starter
- 24-01-2015 04:35
- 24-01-2015 06:01
Quick reply, none of the above matters. You're looking for a reason beyond, not a good idea. I know it's all probably still fresh to you but this is the sorta thing that doesn't help.
I'm sure you know that, but you need to adjust to the whole 'past is the past' idea.
See things as they are, not worse than they are, then go from there
- 24-01-2015 09:35
Sadly this is a standard relationship breakup scenario. Feelings just change and no one can really explain why. Get out looking for new love.
- 24-01-2015 10:23
"14) I've actively avoided him, making sure he was uninvited from a gathering of mutual friends."
Bit harsh isn't it?
- 24-01-2015 12:07
Don't try to find reasons - you'll drive yourself crazy!
I'm sorry you got hurt, but unfortunately this is life - sometimes relationships fall apart.
Try to be happy with friends and family - it will be better soon.
- Thread Starter
- 24-01-2015 19:52
Can more people vote please?
- Thread Starter
- 25-01-2015 00:04
I'm treating this as a kind of survey, so I would appreciate more poll votes. Thank you!
- 25-01-2015 00:07
Parents got involved coz you're both religious
He was texting you a lot prior to the break up because he knew time was up and wanted to get one more squeeze