Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm 16 and left school without any of the National 4/5 qualifications (been absent from education on and off in my life) and really need them. Any options for me? Maybe college? I'm in Scotland, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    Oh there are tons of things you could do. You can try to find a modern apprenticeship somewhere. They seen to be very popular now. A couple of people I know decided to leave school to start their career through a MA. You could even become a normal engineer though the MA route. You can go to college to do a vocational course and then go into a specific profession or u can do academic subjects and then go to uni. Or you could try to do some volunteering or just get work experience in order to have good references for ur cv and try to find a job and progress that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinababy)
    Oh there are tons of things you could do. You can try to find a modern apprenticeship somewhere. They seen to be very popular now. A couple of people I know decided to leave school to start their career through a MA. You could even become a normal engineer though the MA route. You can go to college to do a vocational course and then go into a specific profession or u can do academic subjects and then go to uni. Or you could try to do some volunteering or just get work experience in order to have good references for ur cv and try to find a job and progress that way.
    Thanks very much!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.