Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Me and my ex were together for 4 months. It was going pretty well, we got along great, we laughed and joked, we were intimate with each other but then he got some new friends. I didn't mind him having friends at all and I was happy that they were treating him better than his previous ones but gradually he became distant to the point where we wouldn't talk or meet for days, I didn't want to text him or call him all the time because I didn't want to look clingy so I waited for him to come to me, sometimes he did. On New Years, I wished him happy New Years but he never texted me back even though we were fine the day before, automatically I thought he was probably with friends and family so he mustn't have looked, so I carried on as normal until I found out all he was doing was wishing his mates happy New Years on facebook and just ignored me. I sent him a message the next day saying that I didn't deserve to be pushed into a corner as I was basically there for him when he had nobody. I told him I was happy he had friends but I also told him that I deserved the same respect and said that he was leading me into a position where I had to make a decision based on our relationship.
    He said that he still wanted us, so we talked it through and he decided to talk to me more and take me on dates and we were fine. He came over a couple of days after and everything was normal again, we went to watch a film and we cuddled, we kissed outside and he told me he was sorry for being a '****' < I apologise for the language!
    So then, throughout the week back at school, we joked around again as normal, but in the evenings I wouldn't hear from him again. Believing he was revising, my sister's boyfriend (his friend) said he was talking to all of them instead. And then during the end of the week he gradually became distant, then on the Saturday (while I was watching sleeping beauty) he text me saying it wasn't working!
    I was like 'can you at least phone me?' And he was all 'Jess, I can't deal with you being emotional anymore'
    Eventually, he told people that the reason he did it like that was so I can be in the comfort of my own family and that it would've been too difficult to it any other way.
    Douche move.
    Throughout the week, he wouldn't look at me and started lashing out at people, and this week just gone, that was weird, he's now started looking at me, his friends have all started looking (he's now back with his previous friends) he tried making me jealous on the Tuesday by attempting to joke around with a girl and looked to see my reaction. Did I give him a reaction? Did I heck! I wasn't giving him the satisfaction. And now, all he's doing is adding a load of girls on facebook but at the same time, all he does whenever I enter the room is stare, look grumpy for a moment and then joke with his mates.
    He said the relationship just came to an end, that was his reason, but I think it was more than that. He mentioned in the text that we were only 16 and that we should focus on other things like the exams (even though now he's acting up in his lessons and getting bad grades. He's supposed to be really smart)
    He also said something to his mates about us having 'mature conversations'
    Was he just scared that it was getting too real for him and why does he keep on looking?

Also, I've been his first proper girlfriend so he's not used to grown up stuff

Sorry for the rant there
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Douche bag alert.

ReputationRep:
    he seems to me that he doesn't know what he is doing. He is not sure if he wants to get to a serious relationship with you. And, I can not tell the reason. The post doesn't give any indication about disliking you.

Good move that you give yourself a safe space away from him.

I recommend that you start treating him as normal friend or classmate. You talk to him normal as nothing happened between you and him. if he wants you back, definitely he will talk to you in the future.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Oh he's gross! Get away from this one.

(Original post by al_mohajer)
    he seems to me that he doesn't know what he is doing. He is not sure if he wants to get to a serious relationship with you. And, I can not tell the reason. The post doesn't give any indication about disliking you.

Good move that you give yourself a safe space away from him.

I recommend that you start treating him as normal friend or classmate. You talk to him normal as nothing happened between you and him. if he wants you back, definitely he will talk to you in the future.

Good luck.
    Thank you
    I guess it is kind of difficult as there doesn't appear to be any dislike towards me and it's not like we hate eachother. It's so strange because in a way I want to move on and be like ohh he's just that type of dude, but in another way, I somehow feel that what we had was kind of real, or at least getting real and if his feelings did get too much for him, I worry that if he does come back or start talking to me again, I probably wouldn't think about how id react and say something stupid.
    There is that hope that we can one day get back together though

I'm just not quite sure what to do, I mean, since he's been acting weird and been concentrating more on trying to amuse his classmates than his work, I'm worried that he'll mess up. I still care about him which is totally silly and I still do want the best for him.
    He's also not been coming in for a while and from what I know, not many people are liking him as much now as he's told them about our break up and normally when he's in the middle of something, he has been known to hide away but by doing that, he's missing out on work.
    Oh my gosh, id never tell him but I think I really did fall for him but now he's just a completely different guy
    It's just hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thank you
    I guess it is kind of difficult as there doesn't appear to be any dislike towards me and it's not like we hate eachother. It's so strange because in a way I want to move on and be like ohh he's just that type of dude, but in another way, I somehow feel that what we had was kind of real, or at least getting real and if his feelings did get too much for him, I worry that if he does come back or start talking to me again, I probably wouldn't think about how id react and say something stupid.
    There is that hope that we can one day get back together though

I'm just not quite sure what to do, I mean, since he's been acting weird and been concentrating more on trying to amuse his classmates than his work, I'm worried that he'll mess up. I still care about him which is totally silly and I still do want the best for him.
    He's also not been coming in for a while and from what I know, not many people are liking him as much now as he's told them about our break up and normally when he's in the middle of something, he has been known to hide away but by doing that, he's missing out on work.
    Oh my gosh, id never tell him but I think I really did fall for him but now he's just a completely different guy
    It's just hard
    You did your best. You tried. You come back to him. You talk to him frankly to work things out between you and him. You complete your part. You just now be patient and wait. Most likely he will come back to you.

but let us induce a move to see his reaction. why not sending him a simple and normal MSG asking him about how he is doing in school, and that you are willing to help him out if he face any problems regarding school. Make it short and sweet. only two lines. You ( Don't) mention any thing about you! Something like you are missing him. Friend asking about friends. You always open a window for him to come back. You don't shut him once and for all, if you want him to come back again.

if he ever come back to you. You just be silent and listen to what he will say. Then, You just said that I waited for you to come back. Give him the best smile you have. That is it.

Nothing silly or wrong to worry about whom we care about. We can't control our feelings. Sometime, we bow and bend to the call of our hearts. We are fragile and made of feelings. You are a good person, have a good heart. He is silly because all what he is doing is amusing friends, and his friends might start laughing and making fun of him. He knows that something wrong in his life, and that is why he is skipping classes. But isolating himself will solve nothing. I wonder what he is thinking by skipping classes. He is just making his life much harder.

You never tell him that you fall for him. Not now at least. This is not good for you. Control your feelings and don't let it come to surface where he can see them. You act normal, let him come back to you if he want you. if he doesn't, then that is fine with you. Be smart and strong.
    Good luck.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Sounds like he isn't mature enough for a relationship, think you deserve better than him.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Shoot him. That should get rid of him

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by al_mohajer)
    You did your best. You tried. You come back to him. You talk to him frankly to work things out between you and him. You complete your part. You just now be patient and wait. Most likely he will come back to you.

but let us induce a move to see his reaction. why not sending him a simple and normal MSG asking him about how he is doing in school, and that you are willing to help him out if he face any problems regarding school. Make it short and sweet. only two lines. You ( Don't) mention any thing about you! Something like you are missing him. Friend asking about friends. You always open a window for him to come back. You don't shut him once and for all, if you want him to come back again.

if he ever come back to you. You just be silent and listen to what he will say. Then, You just said that I waited for you to come back. Give him the best smile you have. That is it.

Nothing silly or wrong to worry about whom we care about. We can't control our feelings. Sometime, we bow and bend to the call of our hearts. We are fragile and made of feelings. You are a good person, have a good heart. He is silly because all what he is doing is amusing friends, and his friends might start laughing and making fun of him. He knows that something wrong in his life, and that is why he is skipping classes. But isolating himself will solve nothing. I wonder what he is thinking by skipping classes. He is just making his life much harder.

You never tell him that you fall for him. Not now at least. This is not good for you. Control your feelings and don't let it come to surface where he can see them. You act normal, let him come back to you if he want you. if he doesn't, then that is fine with you. Be smart and strong.
    Good luck.
    Aw thank you so much
    I just hope he'll be ok with me once I talk to him. I just want to make sure that he's gonna be focused on his work and stuff and it's kind of difficult to do that when he's avoiding me haha
    Goodness, he hasn't been in all week though which is definitely not like him. Maybe he's just joined the Dark Side.

I just hope that one day he realises that I do care and realises he made a silly mistake, I just hope that when he does it's not gonna be too late. Wouldn't want to wake up in 20 years time, look out the window of my castle and see him standing there holding up his phone with Bon Jovi blasting out.
    That'll be too weird

Okay, I texted him! Oh my goodness

I said 'hey it's jess, nothing creepy just wondering if you're ok?'
    I sent it on Monday and he still hasn't replied. He hasn't returned to school either yet.
    Should I just leave it and wait and see?

ReputationRep:
    Just completely leave it. Move on and focus on yourself and your own work. He's not mature enough don't waste your time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like the way one would treat their side-chick.
    You do not mean as much to him as you should, so stop settling for second best and find someone who will treat you like you are the only important person in their life. That's someone to sacrifice your time for and invest in being with.

Ohhh no haha
    Well I've found out the reason he hasn't been in. it turns out he's actually really ill
    So maybe that could explain why he hasn't text back yet - my bad

I don't think I'll send him another one though. If he replies, he replies, if not then okie dokie

Thank you so much
    Haha gosh, if I found out I've been a side-chick this whole time, I would just be like, I don't even know, have you ever seen Armageddon? Well I would be that rock and he will be Bruce Willis. I'll take that guy down.
    I'm joking
    I probably won't. I'm not good with being that kind of person, you watch now, I'll probably end up forgiving the guy knowing me haha

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.