Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't use simultaneous equations, just usual algebra will do.

n(AgCl) = n(Cl-) = n(Na+) + n(K+) = n(mixture)
    Ar(Na+/K+ mixture) = 2.30 / n(mixture)
    Let x = proportion of K, then 39x + 23(1-x) = Ar(mixture)
    39x-23x = Ar-23
    Solve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigster)
    I wouldn't use simultaneous equations, just usual algebra will do.

n(AgCl) = n(Cl-) = n(Na+) + n(K+) = n(mixture)
    Ar(Na+/K+ mixture) = 2.30 / n(mixture)
    Let x = proportion of K, then 39x + 23(1-x) = Ar(mixture)
    39x-23x = Ar-23
    Solve.
    Yeah, I wouldn't use simultaneous equations either. It's the reason why I'm finding it so difficult but i have to otherwise I won't pass this assignment. It's really stupid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just write, "I don't need to use simultaneous equations, so I refuse to use them. I've answered your question and got the correct answer, now give me all of the marks. No exam board worth sitting tells you how to answer a question, so why should you?"

But, just make sure you do indeed get the right answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigster)
    Just write, "I don't need to use simultaneous equations, so I refuse to use them. I've answered your question and got the correct answer, now give me all of the marks. No exam board worth sitting tells you how to answer a question, so why should you?"

But, just make sure you do indeed get the right answer.
    The thing is, I'm doing a BTEC and the criteria to achieve the distinction in this particular assignment is that you have to use simultaneous equations to solve the problem given. I've asked my teacher repeatedly if you really do need to use simultaneous equations even if you get everything correct and he's very adamant you do. I might just try speaking to him again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodwinning)
    A ,..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.