Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    I've taken a gap year from CCCU due to financial difficulties, and on the 21st of September (After requesting to uni and notifying SF of my deference) I got my loan in. In calling up SF and removing the loan they gave me from this year, they did tell me I will not be funded for my last year. If this is true I cannot go back to University. What advice do you suggest?
    • Specialist Advisor

    Specialist Advisor

    Maybe I offer some advice. Student Finance is a very complex system and does not allow for much flexibility. The best thing to do is talk to the University advice centre, they can help you get to the right people in Student Finance. The other people to talk to is the Finance Department at the University, they will have it on record that you didn't study this year and can forward that on to Student Finance as evidence. Its also a good idea to contact you Department of Study and keep in close contact with your personal tutor as they can also provide advice and evidence.

    I personally had a very similar situation, it took forever for Student Finance to process the information from the University so I recommend starting the process as soon as you can.

    I hope this helps, good luck.

    The Universal Student Living Team
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.