Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Won't be voting Green watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i have just read an appalling press release by the Green Party in which they promise to put Her Majesty the Queen in a council house.

i had to check to see if i had picked up Viz instead of The Times.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/p...cle4333034.ece

ReputationRep:
    Due to the high levels of support for monarchy these past few years I'm sure the Greens will have just plundered their campaign.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trad1998)
    Due to the high levels of support for monarchy these past few years I'm sure the Greens will have just plundered their campaign.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had enjoyed seeing the Greens rise in popularity without having to do much as the main parties imploded. Now they are destroying their prospects. I endeavour to lead a Green lifestyle as far as practical but that does not mean i have to insult the Royal Family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    I had enjoyed seeing the Greens rise in popularity without having to do much as the main parties imploded. Now they are destroying their prospects. I endeavour to lead a Green lifestyle as far as practical but that does not mean i have to insult the Royal Family.
    I agree. The Greens have been quietly "hanging in the background" whilst the major parties have been battling it out. I am not sure why they would want to release such a statement so close to election time when they have had little negativity in the press. However, they are obviously trying to target the anti-royalists among us - who knows? This claim may actually have a positive effect??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why is this surprising for what is essentially a very left of center party?

It will match up to the views of a lot of their supporters (along with me to be honest) I should imagine, especially in Scotland.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...r-Britain.html

Looking at some of these policies it is incredible they've had support! Some are so radical that even the Bolsheviks may have questioned them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Not entirely sure how tactful a statement this is from the Party but if you care about the Royal family that much that touching them is an instant vote-loser then I'm worried...

ReputationRep:
    Oh I can't wait until the debates

If this and their policies are brought up, I have a feeling their popularity will plummet

ReputationRep:
    I am so happy they said this. At least they stand up for what they believe in.

Plopping out of the right vagina shouldn't mean you should get my hard earned money to spend on royal holidays, at the same time people are struggling on food banks.

How any of you can justify people being born into privilege is disgraceful.
    So much for your hypocrisy about "equality".

Glad the greens said this. They are a real alternative who actually give a toss about the 99%.

ReputationRep:
    Their popularity is with the sort of people who would be broadly sympathetic to this. They are not in a position to enjoy popular support and tend to be either supported by those ignorant of politics, or supportive of the radical proposals the greens produce. I don't think this will win or lose them any seats. But then I think Brighton is the only place they stand a chance of winning anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Mentalists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kumon)
    Plopping out of the right vagina shouldn't mean you should get my hard earned money to spend on royal holidays, at the same time people are struggling on food banks.

How any of you can justify people being born into privilege is disgraceful.
    So much for your hypocrisy about "equality".

Glad the greens said this. They are a real alternative who actually give a toss about the 99%.
    There's a sensible way to oppose constitutional monarchy, and then there's 'we'll put the Queen in a council house'. No one can possibly take the Greens seriously when they spout such unthinking nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    There's a sensible way to oppose constitutional monarchy, and then there's 'we'll put the Queen in a council house'. No one can possibly take the Greens seriously when they spout such unthinking nonsense.
    Yes and it's by removing the privileged lot and giving money to people who are struggling to eat and stay warm in the uk.
    And what are you trying to say, that we should only put "undesirable" people in council houses.
    This just goes to show your level of indoctrination, people are equal, people shouldn't get privilege.

ReputationRep:
    They're dangerous extremists. That is all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    They're dangerous extremists. That is all.
    They are not dangerous yet, but if they do get support, the danger level will rise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kumon)
    Yes and it's by removing the privileged lot and giving money to people who are struggling to eat and stay warm in the uk.
    And what are you trying to say, that we should only put "undesirable" people in council houses.
    This just goes to show your level of indoctrination, people are equal, people shouldn't get privilege.
    This is precisely what I mean. You've taken a nonsense assumption and ran with it to your heart's content. No point trying to reason w/ people like that.

ReputationRep:
    No-one with even a rudimentary grasp of basic economics would vote for the Greens.

ReputationRep:
    Which is all sadly disguised under the propaganda of free tuition fees and climate change in order to get the student vote.

ReputationRep:
    I think the most horrifying policy is the legalisation of Terrorist Group Membership. I can't think who would support policies like this at a time when terrorism is at a severe level.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm increasingly thinking that the Greens may steal by vote from Labour.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.