Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have recently received an interview date from Worcester university to study PGCE psychology. One part of the interview involves a written task based on subject knowledge. Would anyone know the themes or structure of this essay that is likely to be given? They gave us no clue and I am worried I might not know anything about the subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FreyaRalph)
    I have recently received an interview date from Worcester university to study PGCE psychology. One part of the interview involves a written task based on subject knowledge. Would anyone know the themes or structure of this essay that is likely to be given? They gave us no clue and I am worried I might not know anything about the subject.

was this an essay question that they asked you to do via email? or did they ask you to do it at the interview? they sent me an email to write an essay on psychology and to send it back to them! Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    Are you on the interview on Monday?

As far as I'm aware, the written task is basic subject knowledge and we will have no prior understanding of what might come up. However, I plan to contact Worcester tomorrow to confirm that.

Regarding the presentation though, is it a 4 minute presentation on psychology in general? or just something we choose within psychology? it's all very confusing

ReputationRep:
    Hi Both of you, thanks for replying to my post! In answer to your question aimey, we have just been told we will be doing one in the interview with no knowledge of the content and am worried I might not know anything about the content, or very little anyway! P.S. wish I could just send them an essay have thousands of ones from uni I could give them! Were you asked to do this for the Worcester interview?

Hi Nick, I was going to be in the interview on Monday, but I have swapped my to the following week because I am bombarded with exams, dissertation and another interview in the same week so I asked to swap. Such a shame as it would have been nice to know someone before going! Yes I got that idea from it to, just wondered whether they ask similar things each year so I could brush up on my knowledge! Please let me know what they reply. The presentation is on a potential lesson plan that you would do, I read this blog through the official Worcester uni blog page and she briefly mentions what she did in hers so maybe take a look at that? http://worcesterstudentlife.com/2014...gce-interview/ So talk about what you would do in your lesson and then provide worksheets or examples of activities you would do. But think they are going to be strict on time so will have to practice that a lot! Don't know what aspect I will focus on yet though but guess it should be something on one of the curriculums. Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have an interview next week at a different uni (Wolverhampton) for pgce psychology. I was provided info about the interview presentation, which was to give a ten minute presentation on one of four subjects (stress, abnormality, memory, attachment). However, i also have a 1 hour subject knowledge test and I don't know what to revise... Aaarh!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Lottie,

I have also applied to Wolverhampton but waiting to hear back from them! I think it will mostly be based on the approaches I'm guessing as it has to be stuff that everyone will know and that's the only thing I think that we all would have covered from different uni's.

Im struggling to think how to present an approaches lesson (biological, social learning theory etc..) to 14-19 in a fun and interesting way. Its only allowed to be 10 mins long so any ideas would be helpful!

Good luck for your interview!

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone here remember any info about what the interview at Worcester or Wolverhampton was like?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.