Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I saw this the other day. A great film about a great guy. It shows how far the Americans are willing to go to protect less fortunate people.

***** "A must see movie" The Bear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    I saw this the other day. A great film about a great guy. It shows how far the Americans are willing to go to protect less fortunate people.

***** "A must see movie" The Bear
    Its an American propaganda movie. I will not see it even if its as good as you say. Also bradley is overrated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vestal Priestess)
    Its an American propaganda movie. I will not see it even if its as good as you say. Also bradley is overrated
    the Americans make entertaining action movies as propaganda. we know what kind of films the enemy make.

ReputationRep:
    the Americans make entertaining action movies as propaganda. we know what kind of films the enemy make.

ReputationRep:
    Lol'd at 'great guy'. Chris Kyle was a psycho who enjoyed killing Iraqis and he was a compulsive liar. Glad he got shot to death. Patriotic, simple-minded Americans who call this guy a hero make my blood boil.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It was a decent enough war movie. Nothing particularly special. Obviously only got oscar-nominated due to the patriot factor.

ReputationRep:
    That is really sad and unfair

ReputationRep:
    The brave American soldiers, including the talented snipers, were liberating the Iraqis from the tyranny of the evil Bathist regime. It is great that ladies wearing their distinctive outfits went to see the film about their liberation.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Heard it's pretty pro-American and flag waving from some reviews, but Kermode says Eastwood tries to make it more ambiguous than he's given credit for. I've heard polar opposite reviews.

ReputationRep:
    American Sniper is a 2/5. As it was directed by Clint Eastwood, I was expecting better. Bradley Cooper did a mediocre job, as per usual. Simply put, it's American propaganda, like The Interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Based on Chris Kyle, who in his book wrote, "I hate the damn savages...I couldn’t give a flying **** about the Iraqis.”

Seemed like a lovely guy; can't wait to see how they humanize this ignorant psychopath.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    The brave American soldiers, including the talented snipers, were liberating the Iraqis from the tyranny of the evil Bathist regime. It is great that ladies wearing their distinctive outfits went to see the film about their liberation.
    LOL the ignorance of this post...us wearing our "distinctive outfits" has nothing to do with the Bathist regime, it has nothing to do with Islam. Sadam was crazy, end of. Nothing to do with religion

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.