Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Roshany)
    Good Luck!!
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    All the best bro!
    (Original post by trad1998)
    Good luck! Practice makes perfect

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you, everyone! I have eaten my chicken nuggets and am now typing up my English essay!
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    The English essay is half done and awful, so I'm doing Japanese instead - another essay (woo). I've decided that when I use new words in an essay, I will make a note of them in a extra book so I can sound smart in the exam - ha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Kitto katsu!

Only just started learning the language
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Best of luck :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    The English essay is half done and awful, so I'm doing Japanese instead - another essay (woo). I've decided that when I use new words in an essay, I will make a note of them in a extra book so I can sound smart in the exam - ha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When I did English Lit AS, I used to write all the unusual words I came across in this book if I liked the sound of them. I had hundreds of them.

Probably helped as I got an A?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Comeback)
    When I did English Lit AS, I used to write all the unusual words I came across in this book if I liked the sound of them. I had hundreds of them.

Probably helped as I got an A?
    I meant for Japanese, but I guess I could do the same for English! How do you revise Literature? :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Plan for today:

Finish English essay
    Finish (or get a lot done) History essay
    Revise Kanji
    Make English notes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I meant for Japanese, but I guess I could do the same for English! How do you revise Literature? :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    English is in many ways like Maths. It's more a case of practicing questions over and over once you understand what you're talking about.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome, peasants - and I don't mean that in a derogatory way - to my blog/thread, where I shall be charting my journey in attempt to get AAA at AS.

I currently study:

OCR Critical Thinking
    AQA Economics
    Pre-U English Literature
    Edexcel History
    Edexcel Japanese

At the moment, I'd say I'm averaging Bs. I haven't had mocks yet, though, so time will tell. The reason I am aiming for AAA is because I probably won't take the optional Critical Thinking exam (I can't pick up nuances in real life, let alone in a document), and because English Literature is a Pre-U, there is no exam this year except for an internal mock, probably in June or something.

I'd say History is my best subject, but I'm worried about exam technique and timings, although I feel a lot better because I am getting a laptop in my exams this year (although I also feel guilty and lazy for getting one as well). I feel like I'm slowly progressing with Economics, and even more slowly with Japanese . . .

Anyway, stay tuned for more random blabbering and waffle. Today I'm going to do my English essay and eat some chicken nuggets. Woo.
    Good Luck! I do have a quick question though, how does the Pre-U differ from your A-Levels?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Artimus)
    Good Luck! I do have a quick question though, how does the Pre-U differ from your A-Levels?
    Oops. I forgot to reply. Please forgive me! The Pre-U doesn't have an AS exam, so we have an internal mock instead. It's quite similar to my AS Levels, although for English Literature, you don't get any of your texts in the exam so you have to memorise quotes etc. And D1, the top grade, is above an A*. D2 is an A* and D3/M1 is an A (I think). :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oops. I forgot to reply. Please forgive me! The Pre-U doesn't have an AS exam, so we have an internal mock instead. It's quite similar to my AS Levels, although for English Literature, you don't get any of your texts in the exam so you have to memorise quotes etc. And D1, the top grade, is above an A*. D2 is an A* and D3/M1 is an A (I think). :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're forgiven. :P
    They sound kind of interesting. I know for a fact that my school doesn't offer them though... What other subjects are they in?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Artimus)
    You're forgiven. :P
    They sound kind of interesting. I know for a fact that my school doesn't offer them though... What other subjects are they in?
    In my school they only offer it for English Literature at the moment, but some schools offer the Pre-U in a lot of subjects.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    I had a Microeconomics mock mock. I got 80% in data response, which I was really pleased about, but only 56% in multiple choice . . . So overall I was three marks off of an A . . . *sigh*
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    This weekend I have done:

Critical Thinking sheet
    English essay
    Economics past paper
    Japanese translation
    Japanese revision
    English notes
    History questions

I STILL FEEL LAZY.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    I got AABB, so I took one more subject than I originally intended. I am extremely happy with the outcome!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I got AABB, so I took one more subject than I originally intended. I am extremely happy with the outcome!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got the same grades as you Are you taking all four to A2?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.