Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Underrated disney films/overrated Disney films Watch

ReputationRep:
    Underrated:
    kuzcos new groove
    Atlantis
    The croods ( I think its Disney I'm not sure)

Overrated:
    Frozen
    Tangled (but better than frozen)
    (I also want to say despicable me but I don't know if that's disney)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think Mulan is massively underrated. As is Pocahontas​.

ReputationRep:
    Underrated:
    Treasure Planet! It is such a brilliant and emotional movie with great special effects. It really makes me sad how hardly anyone knows about it.

Overrated:
    Frozen but I still enjoy watching it

The Croods and Despicable Me aren't Disney movies but they are great nonetheless ^.^

ReputationRep:
    Underrated: Frozen

Overrated: Lion King

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)

Exactly what I was going to say
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Underrated - Treasure Planet

Overrated - Frozen

ReputationRep:

You really think frozen is underrated? I think they've gone on about it long enough and have tried to capitalise the hell out of it with all the merch etc. It needs to stop!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haven't seen that many but:

Underrated:
    Mulan
    The nightmare before Christmas

Overrated:
    Frozen
    ******* Lion King

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manexopi)
    Haven't seen that many but:

Underrated:
    Mulan
    The nightmare before Christmas

Overrated:
    Frozen
    ******* Lion King
    agree but I do enjoy Lion King there's just better out there

I think Frozen is just this generation's High School Musical tbh

ReputationRep:
    Hugely Underrated in my opinion:
    Hunchback of Notre Dame

Overrated:
    Lion King
    Frozen
    If you can have pixar movies as well- Cars

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by em211997)
    You really think frozen is underrated? I think they've gone on about it long enough and have tried to capitalise the hell out of it with all the merch etc. It needs to stop!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Absolutely. What has the success of its promotion got to do with how under/overrated it is? It is the best pure Disney film I have seen. The consensus of it being overrated here is because most people are in their teens or early 20s. While most of the films being tagged as underrated were watched at a younger age. If you look at them purely as films, Frozen is superior to every other film posted in this thread. It is perfection as far as Disney goes.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely. What has the success of its promotion got to do with how under/overrated it is? It is the best pure Disney film I have seen. The consensus of it being overrated here is because most people are in their teens or early 20s. While most of the films being tagged as underrated were watched at a younger age. If you look at them purely as films, Frozen is superior to every other film posted in this thread. It is perfection as far as Disney goes.
    Wow just wow frozen is all hype and no substance. Its an ok film but overrated none the less. Brave was massively better than frozen and that was extremely underrated because it didn't have any stupid songs and there was no handsome prince.

ReputationRep:
    Wow just wow frozen is all hype and no substance. Its an ok film but overrated none the less. Brave was massively better than frozen and that was extremely underrated because it didn't have any stupid songs and there was no handsome prince.
    So it's an OK film but has no substance? Surely it can't be both.

Stupid songs which are incredibly catchy and have millions of views of YouTube? Why hate on them, they were good songs. I know the lyrics to like all of them.

You mean the handsome prince who didn't end up with the princess and turned out to be evil? One of the main reasons why Frozen is superior to every Disney film that came before it was because of its unpredictability.

You're just hating for the sake of hating. Jump off the bandwagon and start looking at it rationally.

ReputationRep:

Stupid songs which are incredibly catchy and have millions of views of YouTube? Why hate on them, they were good songs. I know the lyrics to like all of them.

You mean the handsome prince who didn't end up with the princess and turned out to be evil? One of the main reasons why Frozen is superior to every Disney film that came before it was because of its unpredictability.

You're just hating for the sake of hating. Jump off the bandwagon and start looking at it rationally.
    no you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. I'm not on any bandwagon here its my opinion, just because everyone likes it and it gets millions of views and sells lots of dolls doesn't mean its good, it caters to a certain demographic who buy into it, the critical film viewer may not agree. Also the last few years haven't been great for animation so there's little to compare it to. That's why its so popular, do you think that if toy story 3 came out the same year as frozen it would be as popular? No its because it had very poor competition.Maybe i've just grown out of films like this and last of all you can have something thats good but lacking in substance, think about some of those stupid cutaways in family guy (which are funny as hell but pointless).

ReputationRep:
    no you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. I'm not on any bandwagon here its my opinion, just because everyone likes it and it gets millions of views and sells lots of dolls doesn't mean its good, it caters to a certain demographic who buy into it, the critical film viewer may not agree. Also the last few years haven't been great for animation so there's little to compare it to. That's why its so popular, do you think that if toy story 3 came out the same year as frozen it would be as popular? No its because it had very poor competition.Maybe i've just grown out of films like this and last of all you can have something thats good but lacking in substance, think about some of those stupid cutaways in family guy (which are funny as hell but pointless).
    First of all, the critics loved it. Last few years haven't been great for animation? You telling me that Wall-e, Up, Toy Story 3, Tangled etc. aren't great animated movies? Never mind that, Frozen came out in the same year as The Wind Rises, one of the best animated films I've ever seen! To say that it had poor competition is a very uneducated opinion. You're just talking nonsense now. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Underrated: Treasure Planet, Hercules and Hunchback of Notre Dam - AMAZING MOVIES
    Edit: OMG I FORGOT THUMBELINA AND BROTHER BEAR!!!

Also, my faveorite is The little mermaid so naturally I think it is underrated...

Thumbelina, Hercules, and The little Mermaid also have the best soundtracks ever... And there is an awesome song in Treasure Planet too!

ReputationRep:

I agree, Frozen is excellent.

I think the reason people look down on it compared with other Disney films is that they have grown up with the likes of the Lion King so there is a nostalgic factor about them.

I don't know if they're underrated or not, but I loved Mulan and the Hunchback of Notre-Dame.

ReputationRep:
    First of all, the critics loved it. Last few years haven't been great for animation? You telling me that Wall-e, Up, Toy Story 3, Tangled etc. aren't great animated movies? Never mind that, Frozen came out in the same year as The Wind Rises, one of the best animated films I've ever seen! To say that it had poor competition is a very uneducated opinion. You're just talking nonsense now. Sorry.
    yeah blast someone then apologise, that's how it works, and i'm not talking about imdb and rotten tomatoes here there are underground critics who don't like it. just because i dont like what you like does not make my opinion valid but at the same time attacking me because i dont agree with you isnt really in good spirit. and no in my opinion wall-e was extremely boring the rest are mediocre but again i've grown out of certain kids films particularly if they're based in europe of the us or dont include poc, there are all too similar nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    Underrated:
    (Not a Disney movie) Rise of the Guardians

Definitely overrated
    Frozen

ReputationRep:

He is not hating for the sake of hating, he just has a different point of view. Sheesh. I watched frozen and did not get why everyone was raving about it. It was not fantastic. Rise of the guardians was so much better even though it is not a Disney movie

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.