The Student Room Group

Have you started revising for May/june exams?

Scroll to see replies

started making notes since the first day of school, i've had some ups and downs throughout the year, but overall waaaay more productive this year compared to last, but i still don't feel anywhere near ready :s-smilie:
In yr12 right now. Want to get A* in maths for A level and was wondering, what sort of % do I need to be in a good place to get that A*? (% in AS)

Also need to go from like a C/D to a high A, if anyone has any tips.
Original post by AsandaLFC
Dont think it will be enough but it will be emough for the finals

Posted from TSR Mobile

What. What do u mean it won't be enough but it will be enough .-.

I was asking f it's enough time to revise everything (knowing that I'm doing both AS/A2 in May and June). Scared af 0.0
Original post by BCMFM16
no and yaaaasss

I manage to do both at the same time
i started last week but i have to memorize 94 pages of essays for all 3 subjects combined if i want to get AAA. i memorized 4 at the moment LOOOOOOOL and i feel like i'm falling behind. i waste too many days doing nothing. i need to motivate myself and get into a good revision routine for EVERY SINGLE DAMN DAY with no breaks except for interval break hours throughout each day obvs
Original post by YouAgain
What. What do u mean it won't be enough but it will be enough .-.

I was asking f it's enough time to revise everything (knowing that I'm doing both AS/A2 in May and June). Scared af 0.0

I mean its not enough for the june exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My exams are so early this year! :angry: Thankfully maths is after May half term so I can binge maths then and focus mostly on sciences now :rolleyes:
Original post by noshahmad
Not yet.

Will start tomorrow :biggrin: (I say this everyday)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Literally me atm
Original post by AsandaLFC
I mean its not enough for the june exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How come 0.0

Oh but it's not like I know nothing about the exams tho. I have been revising since December but like, only the topics we were doing. Starting on Tuesday, I'm planning on revising every single topic (basically the whole book)... So you think I won't have enough time??? D: I'm scared I really wanna do well...
Original post by Patrick2810
In yr12 right now. Want to get A* in maths for A level and was wondering, what sort of % do I need to be in a good place to get that A*? (% in AS)

I had a document that explained what AS grades and A2 grades can amount to an A* overall but have since lost it.

Basically it is possible to get a A* in a few different ways but id suggest you really go for a high A in AS to give the best chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theTeddyBearx
i started last week but i have to memorize 94 pages of essays for all 3 subjects combined if i want to get AAA. i memorized 4 at the moment LOOOOOOOL and i feel like i'm falling behind. i waste too many days doing nothing. i need to motivate myself and get into a good revision routine for EVERY SINGLE DAMN DAY with no breaks except for interval break hours throughout each day obvs

This is literally me (the last part :frown:) sigh it's so frustrating :mad:
Original post by Patrick2810

Look up the grade boundaries for the exam you are sitting. I do this to see what grade I'm working at. I got a B today but I'm aiming for an A*. It is possible.
When would be the best time to revise for resits as well as for A2 exams?
Well coming across this thread has stressed me out, I have 5AS repeats along with all my Alevel modules in May/June, need to start working :frown:
Original post by TheStoryteller
This is literally me (the last part :frown:) sigh it's so frustrating :mad:

yeah it is frustrating, but just sitting there and not taking action won't relieve the frustration... come on, we can do this!!! remember we have to get the grades for our FIRM choice, if not, HIGHER, e.g. my firm choice wants ABB but i wanna get AAA within the space of just 3 months of revision (sounds impossible but i'm gonna motivate myself anyhow). no question as to why you shouldn't be ambitious like me too! go go go, start NOW, get those high grades, your a-levels won't just pass by themselves you know. good luck.
Original post by theTeddyBearx
yeah it is frustrating, but just sitting there and not taking action won't relieve the frustration... come on, we can do this!!! remember we have to get the grades for our FIRM choice, if not, HIGHER, e.g. my firm choice wants ABB but i wanna get AAA within the space of just 3 months of revision (sounds impossible but i'm gonna motivate myself anyhow). no question as to why you shouldn't be ambitious like me too! go go go, start NOW, get those high grades, your a-levels won't just pass by themselves you know. good luck.

aw thank you this really gave me the boost I needed :smile: 3 months should be just the perfect time tbh because you can go over everything at least twice with plenty of time for past papers if we work out so yeah, we'll just need to get going :biggrin: Best of luck to you too :u:
Original post by YouAgain
How come 0.0

Oh but it's not like I know nothing about the exams tho. I have been revising since December but like, only the topics we were doing. Starting on Tuesday, I'm planning on revising every single topic (basically the whole book)... So you think I won't have enough time??? D: I'm scared I really wanna do well...

Don't listen to him 3 months is obviously enough time plus hardcore revision in the last month, and if it's not enough for people I don't even know why they're doing A levels no one revises 3 hours a day to even more more than 3, staring from September unless you're really dumb its just a waste of time you should just take notes and be on top of you're subjects it only took me 2 days to get an A* in my maths mock I would say for each exam you have turn that into weeks I have 12 so 12 weeks of revision is a really good amount of time.
Reply 218
started today did about an hour

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TheStoryteller
aw thank you this really gave me the boost I needed :smile: 3 months should be just the perfect time tbh because you can go over everything at least twice with plenty of time for past papers if we work out so yeah, we'll just need to get going :biggrin: Best of luck to you too :u:

Don't worry 3 months is loads of time to do well even from learning from scratch.

Quick Reply

Latest