Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

the road to college (blog for grow your grades) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hi there - this is for tracking stuff to do with my road to college. ive had my interview already (you can ask questions about this if you like) and my offer is 4c grades including english and maths.

I got my mock grades back a few weeks ago and i have 3 c's to my name right now.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by guitaristemily)
    hi there - this is for tracking stuff to do with my road to college. ive had my interview already (you can ask questions about this if you like) and my offer is 4c grades including english and maths.

I got my mock grades back a few weeks ago and i have 3 c's to my name right now.
    Well done on your mocks! What grades are you hoping for in the real thing? Best of luck with that, and I hope your interview went well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Well done on your mocks! What grades are you hoping for in the real thing? Best of luck with that, and I hope your interview went well!

i need a C in English (been getting that all year as well as in my mocks) and maths (got a D - was 2 marks of a C becuase of silly mistakes, for example i forgot 3 numbers in a steam and leaf and i missed 3 marks for that)

i need 2 more Cs to get my college offer also - i got a C in music, and a C in science in my mocks also which is usefull.

i would like to get a C in my lens and light art course im doing, but im currently at a D and im improveing all of the time becuase im getting coursework done for it, and my fine art (at a E as of mocks) stuff right now.

i would like to do higher science, and not the foundation i did in my mocks, but i dont know if i would be able too - i spoke to my teacher about it and she said maybe but im self teaching myself bio becuase i have two teachers and the teacher who teachers bio is not a good teacher)
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    i need a C in English (been getting that all year as well as in my mocks) and maths (got a D - was 2 marks of a C becuase of silly mistakes, for example i forgot 3 numbers in a steam and leaf and i missed 3 marks for that)

i need 2 more Cs to get my college offer also - i got a C in music, and a C in science in my mocks also which is usefull.

i would like to get a C in my lens and light art course im doing, but im currently at a D and im improveing all of the time becuase im getting coursework done for it, and my fine art (at a E as of mocks) stuff right now.

i would like to do higher science, and not the foundation i did in my mocks, but i dont know if i would be able too - i spoke to my teacher about it and she said maybe but im self teaching myself bio becuase i have two teachers and the teacher who teachers bio is not a good teacher)
    Well, these goals definitely seem achievable, and I do hope that you can do better than them as well!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Your goals are looking good, best of luck! :awesome: Keep us updated on how you get on
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team

Heya,

Just thought I'd catch up and see how everything's going for you How has your past week been? How are feeling about your subjects? Are there any that you're finding challenging? What's going well? :woo: Have you had any more thoughts about moving to higher science?

I also see that you haven't verified your blog yet - the deadline for verification is next Monday the 16th; so let me know :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    Heya,

Just thought I'd catch up and see how everything's going for you How has your past week been? How are feeling about your subjects? Are there any that you're finding challenging? What's going well? :woo: Have you had any more thoughts about moving to higher science?

I also see that you haven't verified your blog yet - the deadline for verification is next Monday the 16th; so let me know :woo:

Lots of stuff has happened in the past week. as in, science classes being annoying and me getting kicked out of two lessons for trying to tell the teacher what was happening in her classroom ...

nothing really is going well, which is a shame really.

as for higher science, i dont know if i can do it now, becuase of the whole thing that keeps happening in my lessons means that im self teaching biology. however, i am determined to do atleast one higher paper if i can

i keep on meaning to send the grades over, its just a matter of scaning them in and everything - been trying to get coursework done and its taking a while so it keeps on being pushed back XD gonna try and get them done by friday :P
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Lots of stuff has happened in the past week. as in, science classes being annoying and me getting kicked out of two lessons for trying to tell the teacher what was happening in her classroom ... as for higher science, i dont know if i can do it now, becuase of the whole thing that keeps happening in my lessons means that im self teaching biology. however, i am determined to do atleast one higher paper if i can
    :eek2: Wow - what happened? Is there anyone else you can talk to about what's going on, like your form tutor or someone else...?

i keep on meaning to send the grades over, its just a matter of scaning them in and everything - been trying to get coursework done and its taking a while so it keeps on being pushed back XD gonna try and get them done by friday :P
    If it's easier, you can just send a photograph. :woo:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    This post is to confirm that guitaristemily's grades have been verified! :banana::banana2::banana:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    This post is to confirm that guitaristemily's grades have been verified! :banana::banana2::banana:

:woo: Thanks. :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    half term update. starting to make my notes up again - hope it all goes well. planning on getting the biogoly and the chemistry ones done by the end of the holidays

ReputationRep:
    failing at the notes.

like. really badly failing.

i dont think i can do this. i dont think i can pass.

ReputationRep:
    failing at the notes.

like. really badly failing.

i dont think i can do this. i dont think i can pass.
    The first step to achieving is positivity!

We all know that you can do this, now you need to start believing it too!

Perhaps making notes isnt the way that you revise, there are lots of different types of learners. You could try mindmaps, flash cards and other more visual methods. There are probably youtube videos for you exams too!

What boards are you on? I may be able to help a bit (:

Good luck and keep at it! Make sure that you find a method that works for you!

ReputationRep:
    i need to do some revsion. i did some on friday but i havent done any yesturday and i dont know if i can do it today

ReputationRep:
    failing. got 3 subjects out of he way but sill failing i feel...

ReputationRep:
    failing. got 3 subjects out of he way but sill failing i feel...
    well don't you dare give up
    You've come far almost therreeeeeeee
    :angelwings::bumps:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmileeR)
    well don't you dare give up
    You've come far almost therreeeeeeee
    :angelwings::bumps:
    my exams may be finsihed (ended on monday) but i feel like i failed a load.

doesnt help that i was ill for most of it..

ReputationRep:
    my exams may be finsihed (ended on monday) but i feel like i failed a load.

doesnt help that i was ill for most of it..
    Don't be silly, what you put in is what you put out, grades do not define you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmileeR)
    Don't be silly, what you put in is what you put out, grades do not define you
    tey do when they decide if you get into college or not.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.