Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I had been talking to this lad a few weeks and suddenly he stops texting me . I saw him out with his friends then i get a message a day later on a media website asking for my number wen he already has it...

Should I message him back ?

ReputationRep:
    Who asked for your number? "Him"? It might not even be him, don't trust everything that you see on the internet, rogues might use your number to spam you with lots of junk mail

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    Who asked for your number? "Him"? It might not even be him, don't trust everything that you see on the internet, rogues might use your number to spam you with lots of junk mail
    It was defiantly him it was on a social media account not website.

ReputationRep:
    OK but I still wouldn't pass phone numbers through websites. Arrange to see him then show him the number

ReputationRep:
    Maybe his phone got wiped accidentally, if you want to give him your number then send it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    OK but I still wouldn't pass phone numbers through websites. Arrange to see him then show him the number
    You wouldn't give your number to someone through a website, but you'd meet up with them through it? Sound logic

(Original post by Yawn11)
    You wouldn't give your number to someone through a website, but you'd meet up with them through it? Sound logic
    I have met him in person and its his account i just find it bizarre that he has contacted me out the blue when i presumed he wasn't interested.

ReputationRep:
    As already mentioned, I wouldn't risk posting your number on social media.
    Why don't you ask him to post his number and see what he says... Most social media sites have direct / private messaging, so he could always DM / PM you his number.

If he's interested, he'll post his via DM / PM. If he won't, then I'd be wary...

If he does post it, try it from a different phone perhaps to verify it.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he's been busy or distracted (moreso than just disinterested) and seeing you in person that day reminded him to get back in contact. If he does the hot & cold thing again then I'd maybe think about walking away (I mean it's your choice of course but I find it frustrating and a waste of time to have to keep guessing how people feel lol) but for the time being I'd take it at face value

(Original post by puddingbot)
    Maybe he's been busy or distracted (moreso than just disinterested) and seeing you in person that day reminded him to get back in contact. If he does the hot & cold thing again then I'd maybe think about walking away (I mean it's your choice of course but I find it frustrating and a waste of time to have to keep guessing how people feel lol) but for the time being I'd take it at face value
    Thanks Pudding might just give it him the benefit of the doubt.

ReputationRep:
    Just text him ' hey its ___ how you doing?' etc. See what he says.

ReputationRep:
    I'd question whether he knows it's the same person. Maybe he doesn't realise it's your number and think you're a separate person

ReputationRep:
    Lad's a prat :begone:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.