The Student Room Group

AQA AS Economics help

So I didn't do too well in my AS economics mock (I got a C) and ive indentified that my main problem is my chain of reasoning. I know that practising will help but Ive tried and tried but I still can't get it. The problem is that I always miss out steps/links or I'll jumble up the order that the points should be in. Has anyone got any tips about how I can improve this?

Thanks☺️☺️
Reply 1
Original post by Whilerisleeps
So I didn't do too well in my AS economics mock (I got a C) and ive indentified that my main problem is my chain of reasoning. I know that practising will help but Ive tried and tried but I still can't get it. The problem is that I always miss out steps/links or I'll jumble up the order that the points should be in. Has anyone got any tips about how I can improve this?

Thanks☺️☺️

May I ask what board you are on, this way I can give better advice :smile:
Original post by BC95
May I ask what board you are on, this way I can give better advice :smile:

AQA :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Whilerisleeps
AQA :smile:

Great! I also was on that board so I should be able to help.

Past papers are a good way forward, especially the C) questions.

The C questions are great for practicing your chain of reasoning.

Also try this new economics website for economics revision:

http://www.petragrade.com
Hey I need help to make a decision..
So basically last year for AS in Econ1 I got 64/100 UMS and for Econ2 I got 77/100 UMS.
I got a B with 141 UMS. I want to get an A this year in A2 but I don't know which unit I should retake? Econ1 or Econ2? The problem is that I am not good in Econ1 and I don't want to learn everything again.. I would rather retake Econ2 as it is similar to Econ4 but is it possible to get an A if I retake Econ2?
Original post by ridirahman
Hey I need help to make a decision..
So basically last year for AS in Econ1 I got 64/100 UMS and for Econ2 I got 77/100 UMS.
I got a B with 141 UMS. I want to get an A this year in A2 but I don't know which unit I should retake? Econ1 or Econ2? The problem is that I am not good in Econ1 and I don't want to learn everything again.. I would rather retake Econ2 as it is similar to Econ4 but is it possible to get an A if I retake Econ2?

Assuming you get 160 UMS in your A2 exams (A grades in both), you'd need 19 more UMS in your AS. The question is, do you think you're more likely to get 83 in Econ1, or 96 in Econ2?

Personally I'd say even if Econ1 is your weaker module, retake that. It'll act as revision material for Econ3, and you're more likely to get the grade you need on Econ1.
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Assuming you get 160 UMS in your A2 exams (A grades in both), you'd need 19 more UMS in your AS. The question is, do you think you're more likely to get 83 in Econ1, or 96 in Econ2?

Personally I'd say even if Econ1 is your weaker module, retake that. It'll act as revision material for Econ3, and you're more likely to get the grade you need on Econ1.

yeah that's true because I might not get 96 in Econ2 it doesn't seem realistic I might as well retake Econ1 and try to get 83. Thanks:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending