The Student Room Group

I need GUIDANCE & HELP for MAY/JUNE GCSE exams 2015

HI guys, i need you guys to suggest me the way in which i can revise for the following subjects and help me get A*-B. you can also suggest me past papers, workbooks, revision guides and videos to do.
subjects and exam board:
ADDITIONAL SCIENCE HIGHER (AQA)
MATHS LINEAR HIGHER (EDEXCEL)
ENGLISH LANG & LIT HIGHER (AQA)
GEOGRAPHY UNIT 1 & 2 & 3 HIGHER (EDEXCEL)
RELIGIOUS STUDIES UNIT 1 & 8 HIGHER (EDEXCEL)
BUSINESS STUDIES UNIt 1 & 2 HIGHER (AQA)
Reply 1
For the sciences I really recommend the CGP guides for your specific exam board as well as checking out BBC Bitesize. Make sure you also go on the AQA website and look at the specification for your course and use it as a checklist for your revision.

Maths is maths. It's not worth revising off a textbook. However I recommend buying the CGP Edexcel guide again and looking at your specification as a checklist. But the most important thing in maths are past papers, knowing the concept but not being able to apply it is useless (and my weakness also). Go on the Edexcel website and do plenty of past papers to identify your weaknesses and ask your teacher about any questions you get stuck in.

With English Lit and Lang I seriously recommend Mr Bruff videos on YouTube as well as his ebook. I went from a very low B to 77/80 in my mocks! Also make sure you read your English Lit books thoroughly and know a few key extracts off my heart. For poetry buy the CGP anthology guide for your cluster of poems- they have all the poems annotated!

I personally do Edexcel A Geography and I found the 'geography is easy' wordpress site god-sent. They have written out full revision notes for you. If you do specification B then maybe just invest in an Edexcel endorsed textbook and remember ALL of your case studies inside out, perhaps by typing them all up with background info and effects?

I do OCR religious studies but the only thing I can really think is just to make sure you write thorough notes in class or perhaps buy an Edexcel endorsed textbook?
thanks a lot, really appreciate your time on writing all these suggestions.
Original post by yasi98
For the sciences I really recommend the CGP guides for your specific exam board as well as checking out BBC Bitesize. Make sure you also go on the AQA website and look at the specification for your course and use it as a checklist for your revision.

Maths is maths. It's not worth revising off a textbook. However I recommend buying the CGP Edexcel guide again and looking at your specification as a checklist. But the most important thing in maths are past papers, knowing the concept but not being able to apply it is useless (and my weakness also). Go on the Edexcel website and do plenty of past papers to identify your weaknesses and ask your teacher about any questions you get stuck in.

With English Lit and Lang I seriously recommend Mr Bruff videos on YouTube as well as his ebook. I went from a very low B to 77/80 in my mocks! Also make sure you read your English Lit books thoroughly and know a few key extracts off my heart. For poetry buy the CGP anthology guide for your cluster of poems- they have all the poems annotated!

I personally do Edexcel A Geography and I found the 'geography is easy' wordpress site god-sent. They have written out full revision notes for you. If you do specification B then maybe just invest in an Edexcel endorsed textbook and remember ALL of your case studies inside out, perhaps by typing them all up with background info and effects?

I do OCR religious studies but the only thing I can really think is just to make sure you write thorough notes in class or perhaps buy an Edexcel endorsed textbook?

Quick Reply

Latest