Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This thread will detail my study patterns.

Current situation
    I am completing examinations for 3 A Levels and 1 AS Level this year. I will be retaking C3 and C4 from A Level Maths, along with Unit 1 from A Level Economics.

The courses I am completing this year are as follows: A Level History, A Level Economics and AS Further Maths.

Goals
    I will be aiming for 3 A*s in my A levels and an A in AS Further Maths.

Strategies
    Mathematics
    For the modules I am retaking, I intend to complete examination papers. I will complete all the Solomon papers for C3 and C4 before proceeding with the official exams.

For my Further Maths modules (FP1, S2, D1), I intend to start practising miscellaneous exercises in my textbook alongside past papers.

Economics
    For economics, I intend to copy most of my notes into Anki, a flashcard software. This will allow me to memorise the key information.

To prepare for the exams, I intend to create essay plans electronically. I will include key facts that I will memorise to ensure that I can gain the maximum number of application marks.

As for the retake, I will follow the same revision strategy as for this year's modules.

History
    For history, I intend to create essay plans electronically. I will include links between various paragraphs to facilitate the attainment of the top grades.

For my coursework, I will find more resources using Google Scholar and Wiley's resources. I will make notes and synthesise my arguments.

Updates
    I will post an update before 23:00 every day. On weekends, I will post updates more frequently.

If anyone has any advice for me, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Update at 14:02
    I have completed one hour of revision for economics. I copied some of my physical notes onto Anki.

ReputationRep:
    Targets for today:

• Finish creating Anki flashcards for Economics Unit 4.
    • Complete one Solomon Paper for C3.
    • Complete one Solomon Paper for C4.
    • Create one essay plan for history.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    This is a very organised plan, great job!

Let us know how you're finding your schedule and how effective your revision is

ReputationRep:
    I realised that I forgot to update this yesterday. I'll start this officially on Monday. My schedule today is quite disorganised as I woke up at 12:00.

ReputationRep:
    I have changed my schedule a bit. I'll update before 21:00 every day.

Tasks for today:

• Finish the input of information for Unit 4 Economics.
    • Create an examination plan for history.

ReputationRep:
    Update at 05:38

I created 55 cards for Anki.

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to update it at the end of yesterday. I did not finish creating cards for all of Unit 4. I did create a plan for a history essay though.

Tasks for today:

• Revise FP1, S1 and D1 (read through notes).
    • Finish homework for school.
    • Do work on history coursework.

ReputationRep:
    I realised that I have not been updating this as frequently as I intended. Apologies. The past week has been a bit hectic and I have not had the time to update this in the morning. I will post more frequent updates this weekend.

ReputationRep:
    Update at 17:23
    I plan to read a few articles today. Tomorrow, I will complete 7 C4 Solomon Papers and mark them.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    This post is to confirm that Mahesvara's grades have been verified!
    :banana: :banana2: :banana:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    This post is to confirm that Mahesvara's grades have been verified!
    :banana: :banana2: :banana:
    How, have the grades been verified?

ReputationRep:
    Tasks for today:

• Complete seven C4 Solomon Papers.
    • Master C4.

I have woken up later than I intended. Perhaps I need more sleep on the weekends.

I will revise the topics I am not confident with on Exam Solutions. Then I will review the papers I have done previously and consult notes for C4. After, I will begin completing the papers. I will adhere to the time constraints for the examination.

(Original post by Tyoko)
    How, have the grades been verified?
    I have sent her a photo showing my examination results from last summer.

ReputationRep:
    Update at 12:00
    I have completed 3 Solomon C4 papers.

ReputationRep:
    Update at 15:21
    After completing 4 papers and working on my fifth one, I am finding that I am starting to get bored. I will do some reading for the next few hours before finishing off the fifth paper.

ReputationRep:
    Tasks for today:

• Plan essay for history.
    • Revise D1.

Apologies for the lack of update. I will work on my consistency.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.