Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I bought these jeans from river island on the 15th November and they were £40. As I've washed them the elastic has failed in my opinion. They come out of the wash looking bunched and awful. I've always followed washing instructions and they're washed at 40 degrees.

I can't even wear them any more they look so bad. Is it legit to return them as faulty even after 2 months. I expected them to last a lot longer considering they were £40. I'll attach a picture to show you how **** they look. Sorry the quality isn't that good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Name:  1422109279824.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  58.8 KBName:  1422109290476.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  52.8 KB

Better pictures.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's after 30 days so probably not, but bring them into the store and they might give you some care advice

ReputationRep:
    My bf returned jeans to RI after 6 months wear when they spilt in the middle. Just use words like "unacceptable" and "manufacturing fault" and you should easily get a refund or replacement!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrostedRose)
    My bf returned jeans to RI after 6 months wear when they spilt in the middle. Just use words like "unacceptable" and "manufacturing fault" and you should easily get a refund or replacement!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol, business buzzwords are stupidly effective.

ReputationRep:
    It's worth a go. Worse case scenario is they say no and you're in the same position.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If its faulty they have too. consumer rights, give it a go worse they can say!

ReputationRep:
    I returned them and got a credit note. They wanted to replace them with the same style but I demanded a credit note instead.

Also they offered to sell them back to me with 75% off but the material was so trashed and they were faded so I said no thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.