Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is it worth emailing the department to ask for a reading list to get stuck into over the summer- or do they presume when you get there that no-one has read anything anyway? I think I will probably read some stuff anyway- just for interest but will I be expected to remember any of it?

ReputationRep:
    I really wouldn't bother - its not like you've started there or anything yet! You get your reading list in your first week of lectures, I'd wait til then. Besides, the majority of Freshers have just done their A-Levels and it would be unfair to make them read something over the holidays that they are meant to be enjoying! Just wait until you get there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    Is it worth emailing the department to ask for a reading list to get stuck into over the summer- or do they presume when you get there that no-one has read anything anyway? I think I will probably read some stuff anyway- just for interest but will I be expected to remember any of it?
    bath have advised me to read 3 thick textbooks before starting psychology in october. i wouldn't mind but i've just bought the first one and it was £25 and is 1000 pages! :eek: i mean i love the subject and anything, but if the other 2 are the same lenght i can say bye-bye to my summer hols!

ReputationRep:
    you'll find that no one would have done the reading that the uni asked for over the summer (or at least they won't admit it). Enjoy the summer break and mabe skim read bits that you will cover in the first couple of weeks if it'll give you more confidence but there isn't really the need.

Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.