Does a job whilst at uni contribute to household income?

Watch
lt0
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi.

So I'm going to be applying as a new full time student for 2015-16, and I'd like to ask about having a part time job whilst at university.

I phoned SFE the other day, and was told that anything I earned would contribute to the household income at my parent's place (I'm intending to live away from home).

On a previous post from last week however, titled 'Change in employment', 'Mark Lee - SFE Official Advisor' commented on a previous post saying 'We do not take into consideration any earnings in terms of salary from students while they are at study.'

Could I please have some clarification on this? I obviously won't be working ridiculous hours as i'll be studying, but I don't want a job to impact on my subsequent student finance years.

Thanks,

Luke
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Luke,

I can confirm that we do not take a student's earnings, whist in study, into consideration as part of household income.

We will only require your parents' financial information if you're applying for a grant.

Thanks,
Mark-Lee
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.64%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
28.81%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (88)
37.29%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.71%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.54%

Watched Threads