Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I want to apply for Medicine and at most of the universities you have to be 18 before the start of the second term. Don't really want to take a gap year though However, i couldn't find any info about the age requirements on the Oxford website, that may be a stupid question, but does that mean you can be 17 to get there?

ReputationRep:
    It's worth contacting Oxford about this, but I highly doubt they'll be an exception, and you'll still have to be 18.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loperdoper)
    It's worth contacting Oxford about this, but I highly doubt they'll be an exception, and you'll still have to be 18.
    okay, thanks anyway
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by loperdoper)
    There are no age requirements for Oxford. This is true of a number of unis - it just depends on what insurance they've negotiated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    There are no age requirements for Oxford. This is true of a number of unis - it just depends on what insurance they've negotiated.
    omg, thank you sooo much, you literally made my day
    was already about to start researching everything about biomed science haha
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by aigerimk)
    omg, thank you sooo much, you literally made my day
    Source for the lack of an age requirement if you're interested.

ReputationRep:
    thank youu!

ReputationRep:
    There were quite a few international students who started aged 17 at Sheffield. They all turned 18 within the first year, but not necessarily within the first term. Just putting it out there in case you're planning to apply to a few different places!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aigerimk)
    If you are willing to change your desired course because you dont like the idea of a gap year, perhaps medicine at Oxford is not a good choice...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.