Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am considering applying for Economics and Management at Oxford and King's (not in this cycle) and Economics, Finance and Management at QMUL (or E & M at Royal Holloway). Then straight management at UCL and LSE.

How would I tailor my PS to cater for all of these? Realistically, if my PS mentions Economics AND Management will it hurt my chances at UCL and LSE if I go for only Management there? They don't offer E & M sadly.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there. I wouldn't mention specifically that I want to study Economics and Management in my PS. Since you are applying Economics and Management course ONLY for Oxford, I suggest you just write your PS like any Management student would write but just incorporate Economics into it. It wouldn't affect your chances. You just need to know how to put it out nicely!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeanutAvenger)
    Hi there. I wouldn't mention specifically that I want to study Economics and Management in my PS. Since you are applying Economics and Management course ONLY for Oxford, I suggest you just write your PS like any Management student would write but just incorporate Economics into it. It wouldn't affect your chances. You just need to know how to put it out nicely!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks Don't Oxford want a PS that's more Economics focused though? How would you do it (did you apply for Management or Econ?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobbitt)
    Thanks Don't Oxford want a PS that's more Economics focused though? How would you do it (did you apply for Management or Econ?)
    I applied for Management only. Personal Statements are very subjective. You can try maybe putting in 60% Econs 40% Management. I think you should not put too much of Economics into it because the other Unis you applied to may misinterpret what you are actually interested in. Plus, you can't be sure that you will enter Oxford, so just be safe!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.