Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What does it mean when a guy asks you over for "movie night"? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Says it all in the title. Call me a cynic who has been repeatedly hurt but is this just code words for "come over and we can do the nasty" We haven't kissed or anything like that.. Should I just avoid (I don't do casual anymore..) or what? Or is it genuinely a movie night?

ReputationRep:
    It means lets watch movies in my room and make out later

ReputationRep:
    I've been to guys houses in the past and never kissed or slept with them. You could tell him that you aren't looking to have sex, or you could just turn him away if he tries anything or you could avoid the situation entirely and not go at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chlobofro)
    Says it all in the title. Call me a cynic who has been repeatedly hurt but is this just code words for "come over and we can do the nasty" We haven't kissed or anything like that.. Should I just avoid (I don't do casual anymore..) or what? Or is it genuinely a movie night?
    Here's a mad idea - just say that. Say something like "That sounds good *insert fluff here*, although, (and I hope I'm not reading into things!) if we can just keep it movie night that'd be great " Honesty isn't hard, just keep it light hearted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoking)
    Here's a mad idea - just say that. Say something like "That sounds good *insert fluff here*, although, (and I hope I'm not reading into things!) if we can just keep it movie night that'd be great " Honesty isn't hard, just keep it light hearted.
    This is a difficult one. Yes, I'd want sex if I asked a girl over for a film night. But if I liked her and she said no before hand as you suggest, I'd continue with the film night anyway and not attempt it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    This is a difficult one. Yes, I'd want sex if I asked a girl over for a film night. But if I liked her and she said no before hand as you suggest, I'd continue with the film night anyway and not attempt it.
    See. Sometimes being honest from the start makes things a lot easier :top:

ReputationRep:
    Last time I invited a girl round to watch a film, it was because I wanted to bang her.

ReputationRep:
    that he wants to bone you until he collapses from exhaustion

or that he wants to watch some films with you

ReputationRep:
    it means lets watch 'kabhi kushi kahbi ghum' and then do tang tang

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chlobofro)
    Either he wants to just hang out with you, or he wants to do the old penis in the popcorn trick.

ReputationRep:
    when i have a movie night, it's to watch a movie. Then sex

ReputationRep:
    If he's beta then it's probably legit; if owt like me then expect to get ****ed either side of the screening

ReputationRep:
    You don't know his intentions. I agree with the previous post, just say, "sure, but no fancy fancy". If he agrees then that's awesome right? If he disagrees then it's not a big loss as you didn't want the fancy fancy anyway and he was gonna give it you :eek:

Don't just reject the offer solely in case he may want to do something you dislike. Maybe he genuinely just wants to bond with you more. There's a reason they say communication is key to relationships.

Also, you haven't even kissed yet. How intimate have your dates been so far? Is it really likely that he intends to have sex with you on the night of the movie if he hasn't even kissed you yet. I imagine if anything he'll try to kiss you, not have full-on sex with you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by player_bpy)
    it means lets watch 'kabhi kushi kahbi ghum' and then do tang tang
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Enjoy a film together, snuggle up, see what happens. Doesn't have to be sinister.

ReputationRep:
    It's usually a code word for sexy time

ReputationRep:
    In this day and age it means "let's snuggle up to a movie then end up having sex"
    Just be careful of the connotations of this, especially if you aren't ready for sex.
    Be upfront with him, or you could end up in an awkward situation.

ReputationRep:
    Well when I was in my 2nd year of uni, there was one time when a guy friend of mine asked me to come over to his place one night to watch a movie. It was all well and good until he made a move on me. When he kissed me I was in complete shock at the time. I ultimately rejected the advances and we remained friends but it was a bit awkward.

Kinda my fault really, he told me he would be alone, and he did give me a couple of drinks but I was okay mainly. There were other signs but I chose the benefit of the doubt route. If you have any worries, then you can be clear from the outset that you're just coming to have a fun night as mates, if that is what you are. Otherwise, if you like him and don't mind what happens, then you can go for it.

ReputationRep:
    I guy I was seeing asked me round to watch a movie.. which I agreed to but told him before hand that I wasn't ready for anything else to happen. Initially he was okay with it. When they day in question came around and I was with him he did bring it up a good 3-4 times. Each time I stayed with the same answer of no. He said he understood but I could tell he was being a bit of a **** about it. But I would definitely recommend just being honest about it before hand ..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    90% it'll lead to sex

Just go but make it clear by body language that it won't happen

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.